Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Wrong icon image for disk drive

Wrong icon image for disk drive

Gordon

One of the drives on my desk top has a wrong icon image associated with it.
There isn't an option under properties that allows one to associate an icon
with the drive. This is a removable drive which has been partitioned into 3
sepaerate drives. Two of the partitions display the correct icon image, but
the third one looks like a piece of paper with the upper right corner folded
into a small triangle. The piece of paper has some non discript symbols in
the middle of the paper.

How do I get the system to display the correct icon image?
--
Gordon

Carlos

Gordon,
Customized drive icons are available when there is an "autorun.inf" file in
the corresponding partition, which determines what file will autorun
(optional) and what icon to display.
Look for the presence of the autorun.inf file in that partition and rename
it to something else. File might be hidden so you may have to enable viewing
hidden and system files for a while. Unplug the drive and plug it again.
Icons should be back to normal again.
Carlos

Hard Disk Drive Icon JG Windows 64bit 2 01-12-2008 11:54 AM
Multiple image sizes in frame icon (window icon) in Swing Dan Polansky Java 3 02-12-2007 11:15 PM

Advertisments