Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > A little off topic!

A little off topic!

Martyn Fewtrell

I know this is a little off topic but I wondered if anybody else is having
similar problems to me.

Visual studio 2003 keeps reformatting my HTML and normally gets it wrong.

Currently it has a habit of removing the quotes from around attributes which
often causes page load errors. Yes I do have the settings on the options
box to add quotes.

It also seems to put the closing tags in Upper case despite the fact that I
have specified all tags as lower case in the options/formatting box for
HTML.

I just dont seems to be able to keep a closing </li> on the end of my lists.

The problems seem to occur when moving from design view to code view and
back again - I have also set it not to check formatting etc

Does everybody have this problem or am I missing something?

It seems that web matrix lays out code beautifully (just as you type it) and
doesn't mess about with things once laid out so I cant see why Visual Studio
cant manage the same.

Martyn Fewtrell

Fred.

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem, on 2002.

I sort go around it by telling VS to not display design
view by default, and by saving the file before going into
design view, and doing ctr-z(undo) when going back to html
view.

I only use the design view to find controls on page, so
not too much of a problem for me.

Fred.

Michael

Funny, I switched from web matrix to vs.net for almost the same reason, (it
was reformatting my html code). Then I figured out that vs.net does the
same thing. Then I just gave up...I wanted vs.net for the code completion,
so I learned to live with it.

Ya hear that microsoft! YOU WIN! You are successfully controlling the
layout of my html pages now! It would be very nice if there was the ability
to turn that off, so the text editor acted just like notepad.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...