Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Passed 72-290

Passed 72-290

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm just being nit-picky witch-ya

I got no problem with people being nit-picky witch-me...

But I do expect to see an authoritative source for the information.

Otherwise, the only valid point in this whole thread is that the O.P. needs
to register his existing certs on his MCP Transcript . . . [ and see what
shows up in the Certification Planner afterwards ].

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

Paul Jones

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:09:45 -0500, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Paul Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>>>I never claimed anything to be fact; I directed the O.P. to the
>>>authoritative source for information, which sadly is incomplete as
>>>concerns
>>>the use of CompTIA+ exams.

>> No you gave the user bad information. Quote:
>> "To use your CompTIA certs as elective credit for the MCSA/MCSE, you
>> need to ensure that they're recorded on your MCP transcript:"
>>
>> Note the word 'your'! So you were advising the OP he could use his
>> CompTIA A+ and N+ certs towards and MCSE.

><sigh>.. speaking of no time to deal with penny-ante pedantic arguments . .
>.
>
>I'm outta here!

Apology accepted. It is always good to see a man admit he was wrong.

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Okay.. so point me to a *Microsoft* published reference at microsoft.com
>> that explicitly states this as fact.
>>

> Just to throw a little more fuel around, I believe the page he cited
> was...
> http://www.microsoft.com/australia/l.../partners.mspx
>
> What is the domain name on that link?

Yeah.. it's a property of a Regional Service Center (Australia), not the
Corporate Microsoft Learning group, and my point is that I've found several
other 'out-of-date' content items at that URL
(http://www.microsoft.com/australia) (like downloads for Win2003 Evaluation
Editions, which were pulled from the U.S. site eons ago and do not exist on
any other *regional* site in the world)... my point is that *I* believe that
URL (http://www.microsoft.com/australia) has no credibility (with me, at
least) because of the poor maintenance of archaic content at that site... my
point is that for =U.S.= candidates, trusting or using information from a
*regional* site is a bad idea, under any circumstances.

The certification program is managed by the Regional Service Centers (Who do
you call if you have a certification problem???) -- and *maybe* that
information is still valid for Australia; or *maybe* that URL should have
been removed from the site; or *maybe* the ability to use CompTIA exams has
actually been deprecated and the website(s) have been poorly updated to
reflect that; or *maybe* the specific exam(s) that are acceptable is
changing, or has changed. When the only references that can be cited are
dated over three years ago, and from non-corporate sources, I'm going to be
a bit skeptical about the authority and accuracy of that information.

Ironically, despite what appears to be an effort on the part of Microsoft
Learning to centralize and localize their web pages . . .

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...tion/mcse.aspx

There aren't any other "localized" English-language sites with this content:

All of these links result in an HTTP 404 redirect to Microsoft's search
engine

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...tion/mcse.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...tion/mcse.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...tion/mcse.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...tion/mcse.aspx

-- and to my total amusement, the redirected page for the /en/au/ link,
doesn't even include a single search reference to
http://www.microsoft.com/australia.

*AND*... if you go to http://www.microsoft.com/australia and click on the
link for "IT Pro Training & Certification", that link redirects you to . . .
Guess Where!?! -- the EN-US content on the corporate site:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/default.aspx

To me, that says that any of the certification pages still available from
http://www.microsoft.com/australia are abandoned, and the problem is simply
that they've not been removed from the site.

But the bottom line here, and it applies to *everybody* participating in
this thread...

==WE== do not know the facts, as applicable to the MCSA/MCSE certifications
in ==2009==, except based on what is posted on the Microsoft Learning
Official Certification Requirements pages

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

Paul Jones

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:30:10 -0500, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>==WE== do not know the facts, as applicable to the MCSA/MCSE certifications
>in ==2009==, except based on what is posted on the Microsoft Learning
>Official Certification Requirements pages

Bullshit. Stop clutching at straws. You are just digging a deeper hole.

Pard@discussions.microsoft.com

Thanks a lot for your valuable contributions, yes i did register my Comptia
A+/N+ certs, they do appear on my transcript now, I also contacted the
regional support coordinator and she confirmed that to acquire MCSA Windows
Server 2003, i would only need to do 290, 291,270/620 and A+&N+ would qualify
to satisfy one of the electives, it's also stated in the cert. planner.