Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Should I Bridge?

Should I Bridge?

=?Utf-8?B?Zmx1ZmZ5IHRoZSB3b25kZXIga2l0dGVu?=

I have two pc's one is hard wired to a linksys wireless broadband router and
the other one get's it's connection via a linksys wireless usb connection
from the router which is connected to the internet via a sprint broadband
modem. I connected an ethernet cable from the NIC on the pc that is using
the wireless USB for it's internet connection to a network printer/copier/fax
machine and gave it a static ip address.
I enabled the NIC on the pc gave it a static ip so it could print. It
prints fine but I loose wireless connectivity. I tried bridging the wired
and wireless and it works but sometimes i loose the internet connection, with
a msg "there is IP conflict with another device". Is it possible to make
this work, I also want to install another wireless usb device on the other
computer to access the printer. Is there an alternate configuration that
would work better for this. Thanks
Fluffy

Andrew C

well sounds like another computer on your network has the same ip, you
should try to trace that down and change it. if your wireless network is
unsecured the ip could be on a "wi-fi intruder" if this is the case, secure
your network.
"fluffy the wonder kitten" <(E-Mail Removed) >