Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Oh My God!!! Can't open Web project

Oh My God!!! Can't open Web project

André Almeida Maldonado

When I try to open my Asp.Net project, I receive this message:

Unable to get the project file from the Webserver. Unable to open Web
Porject 'Granifera'. Unable to validate that the file path
'\\andre\Programação\Granifera\Sistema' matches the URL path
'http://andre:/granifera'. Acesso negado.

But the solution opens normally in the machine that contains the source
files, just other machines can't open the project.

What can I do??????????????

Hans Kesting

"André Almeida Maldonado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to open my Asp.Net project, I receive this message:
>
> Unable to get the project file from the Webserver. Unable to open Web
> Porject 'Granifera'. Unable to validate that the file path
> '\\andre\Programação\Granifera\Sistema' matches the URL path
> 'http://andre:/granifera'. Acesso negado.
>

> But the solution opens normally in the machine that contains the source
> files, just other machines can't open the project.
>

> What can I do??????????????

I notice a ":" after "andre" in 'http://andre:/granifera'. Is that a typing
error in this post?

Hans Kesting

André Almeida Maldonado

No. The path is typed correctly.... Anyway, I've re-created my solution and
now I can open in any machine...

Thank's

"Hans Kesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "André Almeida Maldonado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I try to open my Asp.Net project, I receive this message:
> >
> > Unable to get the project file from the Webserver. Unable to open Web
> > Porject 'Granifera'. Unable to validate that the file path
> > '\\andre\Programação\Granifera\Sistema' matches the URL path
> > 'http://andre:/granifera'. Acesso negado.
> >

> > But the solution opens normally in the machine that contains the source
> > files, just other machines can't open the project.
> >

> > What can I do??????????????
> >

> I notice a ":" after "andre" in 'http://andre:/granifera'. Is that a

typing
> error in this post?
>
> Hans Kesting

Marco Antonio Montalvo Durán

ok, I don't know if you tried this.

if you copied all the files including the solution file to the other
machine, before you open it you have to create first the virtual directory
in the IIS linked to your physical directory.

=?Utf-8?B?bC10b3VjaGVk?=

Hi folks!,

I have a similar problem, when I want open my project in my local machine (where always I have worked), appear this error message:

Unable to Open Web Project 'MyProject'. The fle path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject' Do not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost:/MyProject'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error: 403 Access Forbidden.

I have well created the virtual directory, also, I can navigate veryl across the site. Which will be this problem?

NOTE: For resolving this problem, I did create another project, I did copy the file to the new project, and I followed the steps that Marco Antonio is suggesting, everything run very well, but when I restart my machine, the problem appear again.