Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: fonts...

Re: fonts...

Helpful person

I have a similar problem with my site looking different for different
browsers to an extent that is barely acceptable. I am using the font
definition:

font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, san-serif;

I believe my problem is due to the fonts being different sizes. Can
someone suggest a set of fonts that are the same size?

www.richardfisher.com

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Helpful person <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:dc403d6e-73ac-400b-8d3c-3ca3ae74d224
@r36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

Does this help? http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/fonttext.php

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Helpful person <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a similar problem with my site looking different for different
> browsers to an extent that is barely acceptable. I am using the font
> definition:
>
> font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, san-serif;

Take Verdana out to avoid much documented webpage problems.

> I believe my problem is due to the fonts being different sizes. Can
> someone suggest a set of fonts that are the same size?

Just my $US7.50s worth (OK, I'm not cheap, so what?): If your pages are
so designed as to look bad in some browsers because the fonts are a bit
different, there is more than font trouble with your pages.

Instead of wanting to eliminate browser and user differences, (and this
one is free, I would feel bad to charge for this, it is too deep), I
say, rejoice in the fact of difference, be entranced by the symphony of
variation on a theme, do not strangle the democracy of user preferences.

Oh, and btw, it's sans (s on the end):

sans |sanz|
preposition poetic/literary, humorous
without : flavorful vegetarian dishes sans meat, eggs, or milk.
ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French sanz, from a variant of Latin
sine îwithout,╣ influenced by Latin absentia îin the absence of.╣

--
dorayme

Jan C. Faerber

On Oct 2, 10:41*pm, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does this help? http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/fonttext.php

Looks great.

Just wanted to post a new topic but found it more propriate to put it
here:
All those fonts (~13) - will the work for all languages?
chinese, Suaheli, Greek, Arab etc.???
And when is it better to use unicode in the html source
or is it really a good idea to use a meta to declare the language or
does this not work all the time???

Helpful person

On Oct 2, 4:41*pm, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does this help?http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/fonttext.php
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info