Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > unreadable ip

unreadable ip

Anton

hi

asp.net

I have a website which stores the ip of visitors, Now I've discovered that
lately the ip address stored is unreadable, like cryptic string.
Even the ip address of myself becomes cryptic,

I use HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress to get the ip address, the
ip column in the database has datatype varchar(15).

any idea what's wrong here? should it be nvarchar(15) instead?

Anton

Hi Mark!

I tryed what you suggested in that article, but it didn't solve the problem.

This is an example of ip I see in the table: '', that was suppose
to be an ip, but is totally unreadable - atleast it is for me
The column in the table storing the ip is of format varchar(15). I wonder if
that may have something to do with the error, maybe it should have nvarchar
instead ?