Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > NATting out

NATting out

Ann Tone

Good time of day, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm trying too hard to have DMZ and inside network to access internet using
PIX and PIX alone. Access inward - via "static" works just fine. But here I
did both created a NAT group with the lone DMZ server, and a "global" with
the interface option and nada.

Any immediate ideas ?

jrguent@gmail.com

On Oct 1, 1:37*am, "Ann Tone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Good time of day, ladies and gentlemen.
>
> I'm trying too hard to have DMZ and inside network to access *internet using
> PIX and PIX *alone. Access inward - via "static" works just fine. But here I
> did both created a NAT group with the lone DMZ server, and a "global" with
> the interface option and nada.
>
> Any immediate ideas ?

number "101" shown below must match between the nat and global
command. The example shown below assumes the "real server ip
addresses on your DMZ are in the 192.168.190.0/24 network. "outside"
interface is your public Internet facing Interface. If necessary, try
logging to debugging level and search for messages such as "no
translation group found" Also note that static nat commands are used
for inbound as well as outbound connections. Therefore if you have a
static nat for your lone DMZ server referencing the "outside"
interface, this should also be used for this system's access to the
internet, even when nat and global commands are also used for the same
interfaces.

nat (DMZ) 101 192.168.190.0 255.255.255.0

global (outside) 101 interface

Natting through 2 interfaces. AM Cisco 1 01-24-2005 12:28 PM
PIX natting of a VPN tunnel? Raymond Doetjes Cisco 2 12-20-2004 08:34 PM
Natting question Cisco Cisco 4 12-02-2004 11:15 PM
Natting with cisco 803 xcelloM Cisco 1 11-04-2004 08:35 AM
Natting issue using a virtual IP on 2507 router manu Cisco 0 01-24-2004 06:11 PM

Advertisments