Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > external ps2 mouse on dell c600 laptop stopped working

external ps2 mouse on dell c600 laptop stopped working

Mark

Was working fine then suddenly stopped. I have a mouse cursor in XP but
can't move it. The touchpad is broken. I tried a diff mouse - no go, bios
is set to touchpad/ps2. Device mgr shows there is a mouse but gives no
details. Any ideas?

larrylaundry

Mark wrote:
> Was working fine then suddenly stopped. I have a mouse cursor in XP but
> can't move it. The touchpad is broken. I tried a diff mouse - no go, bios
> is set to touchpad/ps2. Device mgr shows there is a mouse but gives no
> details. Any ideas?

If you plugged it in and windows recognized it in the first place,
then you could likely remove it from
dev mgr and reboot, and see what happens.

Otherwise if it was a software install, remove it from add/remove
programs (if it's listed) and reinstall after rebooting.

Maybe not have it plugged in after rebooting for software reinstall.
Install software and plug in when
it says to.

philo

Mark wrote:
> Was working fine then suddenly stopped. I have a mouse cursor in XP but
> can't move it. The touchpad is broken. I tried a diff mouse - no go, bios
> is set to touchpad/ps2. Device mgr shows there is a mouse but gives no
> details. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem with a laptop .

Had to open the top and unplug the touchpad to keep it from interfering
with the mouse action.

I advise that you put a piece of tape over the connector
as mine actually re-connected after a few weeks

hwf

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 03:37:50 +0000, Mark pinched out a steaming pile of:

> Was working fine then suddenly stopped. I have a mouse cursor in XP but
> can't move it. The touchpad is broken. I tried a diff mouse - no go, bios
> is set to touchpad/ps2. Device mgr shows there is a mouse but gives no
> details. Any ideas?

Dell? No suprises there. They stopped making good kit back in 1999-2001.
Flimsy plastic ****. The 'G' key popped loose on this thing for no reason
yesterday. Get a toshiba. Or a panasonic toughbook.

http://ltsaloon.org
http://www.ramusa.org/
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/