Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MX lookup using only asp.net library, without third components?

MX lookup using only asp.net library, without third components?

Cleilton

Hello all,

I have an apllication in ColdFusion that shows the MX record (mail host
name) from a domain. I enter with the domain name (ex. microsoft.com) and
the aplication return the mail server for that domain (ex.
mail.microsoft.com).

How can I make that using asp.net, only using dns classes or anything like
this?
But I won't to use any component .

Thanks for your attention

===================
Cleilton
WebDeveloper (ASP,PHP,JSP)
http://www.secrel.com.br
MSN (E-Mail Removed)
===================

Joerg Jooss

"Cleilton" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have an apllication in ColdFusion that shows the MX record (mail
> host name) from a domain. I enter with the domain name (ex.
> microsoft.com) and the aplication return the mail server for that
> domain (ex. mail.microsoft.com).
>
> How can I make that using asp.net, only using dns classes or
> anything like this?
> But I won't to use any component .

Here's a sample that illustrates MX record retrieval:

http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive43.html

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss
(E-Mail Removed)

Cleilton

Thanks for your help Joerg .
I put the code on my aspx page and all worked very well.
Thanks, thanks

Cleilton (Web Developer)
E-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
ICQ: 5717343

---------------------------------
"Joerg Jooss" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Cleilton" wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have an apllication in ColdFusion that shows the MX record (mail
> > host name) from a domain. I enter with the domain name (ex.
> > microsoft.com) and the aplication return the mail server for that
> > domain (ex. mail.microsoft.com).
> >
> > How can I make that using asp.net, only using dns classes or
> > anything like this?
> > But I won't to use any component .

> Here's a sample that illustrates MX record retrieval:
>
> http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive43.html
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Joerg Jooss
> (E-Mail Removed)

ccsalway ccsalway is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleilton View Post
Hello all,

I have an apllication in ColdFusion that shows the MX record (mail host
name) from a domain. I enter with the domain name (ex. microsoft.com) and
the aplication return the mail server for that domain (ex.
mail.microsoft.com).

How can I make that using asp.net, only using dns classes or anything like
this?
But I won't to use any component .

Thanks for your attention

Cleilton
WebDeveloper (ASP,PHP,JSP)
(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.secrel.com.br
MSN (E-Mail Removed)
I have just written an ASP.NET generic handler to do just this (7 years too late)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...546721#7546721