Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can the Avast AntiVirus Free edition be configured to conduct weekly scans of the computer?

Can the Avast AntiVirus Free edition be configured to conduct weekly scans of the computer?

Spin

Gurus,

Can the Avast AntiVirus software (free edition) be configured to conduct
weekly scans of the computer? I've looked all over for this setting but
can't find it. Just a shot here as I figure someone in this group might be
running it.

--
Spin

VanguardLH

Spin wrote:

> Gurus,
>
> Can the Avast AntiVirus software (free edition) be configured to conduct
> weekly scans of the computer? I've looked all over for this setting but
> can't find it. Just a shot here as I figure someone in this group might be
> running it.

Use Task Scheduler to run an event weekly that executes and the
command-line version:

"C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe" C: D:

C: and D: are your drives. Specify whatever number you have. This ONLY
runs the quick scan for Avast. There is no option to run a full scan
outside the Avast UI.

Spin

"VanguardLH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h9ufp3$2v7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use Task Scheduler to run an event weekly that executes and the
> command-line version:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe" C: D:
>
> C: and D: are your drives. Specify whatever number you have. This ONLY
> runs the quick scan for Avast. There is no option to run a full scan
> outside the Avast UI.

VanguardLH - thanks. That worked NICELY!

javier aguilar