Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Reading a C struct in java

Re: Reading a C struct in java

Roedy Green

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:18:48 -0700, Patricia Shanahan <(E-Mail Removed)>

>should be a four element array of byte[], with each element containing
>the raw data from one of the fields. That could be used, for example, as
>a constructor parameter for a class that represents type_t in Java, with
>each fields converted to a more useful type. For example, if duplicate
>is logically a boolean, the class would have a boolean field,
>initialized according to how the C char represents booleans.

This is what DataInputStream and LEDataInputStream do for a living.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
~ Charles Babbage (born: 1791-12-26 died: 1871-10-18 at age: 79)