Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Where was I? Oh, yeah, "Interesting" comments (long)

Re: Where was I? Oh, yeah, "Interesting" comments (long)

Paul Furman

When is the next one due?
'Best of the month' as I recall...
I'm guessing this Sunday morning?

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Paul Furman

Bowser wrote:

> "Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h9tlfb$d2j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> When is the next one due?
>> 'Best of the month' as I recall...
>> I'm guessing this Sunday morning?

> October 25th.

Just a reminder, the next SI submission deadline is next Sunday. If you
haven't taken a single decent pic for a month and a half like me, it's
time to get on the ball!

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Robert Coe

: >
:
: Just a reminder, the next SI submission deadline is next Sunday. If you
: haven't taken a single decent pic for a month and a half like me, it's
: time to get on the ball!
:
: > I wanted everyone to have a chance at foliage pix. At
: > least those of us in North America. Then we can settle in for a long
: > winter's sleep.

Well, we don't seem to be having a very good foliage year. Bowser lives
several towns away, so maybe he's having better luck.

But for once I have to be selective on what pictures to submit anyway. I'd be
happy if the limit were four or five. :^)

Bob

Robert Coe

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:58:24 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
: On 2009-10-20 08:44:36 -0700, "Russell D." <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
:
: > Alan Browne wrote:
: >> Paul Furman wrote:
: >>> When is the next one due?
: >>> 'Best of the month' as I recall...
: >>> I'm guessing this Sunday morning?
: >>>
: >>
: >>
: >> It's not up on the SI page ... (mandate).
: >>
: >> Have we got suggestions for the next mandate? I've been too busy of
: >> late for the current round - other than some test shots.
: >
: > What was the beginning date for the time frame of these photos? I know
: > we're not supposed to use old ones.
: >
: > Russell
:
: I would imagine that since Bowser posted the Mandate "Favorites of the
: Month" not "Best of the Month" on 9/15/2009, the shooting window would
: be from then until the close date of October 25, 2009.

Originally it was to be from the 30 days preceding September 10, but the
tradition is that pictures can be taken up to the day they're due. Indeed,
Bowser himself submitted a picture taken on the last day of the "Interesting"
mandate.

: > Alan Browne wrote:
: >> Paul Furman wrote:
[...]

BTW, as of just before noon EDT today, the mandate still wasn't posted on the
Web site.

Bob

Robert Coe

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:41:20 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
:
: > wrote:
: > : On 2009-10-20 08:44:36 -0700, "Russell D." <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
: > :
: > : > Alan Browne wrote:
: > : >> Paul Furman wrote:
: > : >>> When is the next one due?
: > : >>> 'Best of the month' as I recall...
: > : >>> I'm guessing this Sunday morning?
: > : >>>
: > : >>
: > : >>
: > : >> It's not up on the SI page ... (mandate).
: > : >>
: > : >> Have we got suggestions for the next mandate? I've been too busy of
: > : >> late for the current round - other than some test shots.
: > : >
: > : > What was the beginning date for the time frame of these photos? I know
: > : > we're not supposed to use old ones.
: > : >
: > : > Russell
: > :
: > : I would imagine that since Bowser posted the Mandate "Favorites of the
: > : Month" not "Best of the Month" on 9/15/2009, the shooting window would
: > : be from then until the close date of October 25, 2009.
: >
: > BTW, as of just before noon EDT today, the mandate still wasn't posted on
: > the site.
: >
: > Bob
:
: Yup. He is still showing "Interesting" as open.
:
: ...I guess he has been distracted by other priorities of late.

Yeah, he's probably distracted by his day job, just because they pay him to do
it. It's astounding how many otherwise right-thinking people are unwilling or
unable to put photography ahead of their financial stability and their
childrens' future.

I'm a terrible offender as well. When it's a choice between photography and my
real job, I tend to give preference to the latter more than half the time.
(But I'm one of the lucky ones: the boundary between photography and my "real"
job is becoming increasingly blurry.) :^)

Bob