Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Fixed Height For Table Cell Using CSS in Internet Explorer

Fixed Height For Table Cell Using CSS in Internet Explorer

Nathan Sokalski

Sorry about that, the height actually was specified in the td, but I still
have the same problem.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> TR don't accept a height. you need to specify the height of the td's. one
> way is via css
>
> tr.mytr td {height:50px; overflow:auto;}

> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> Nathan Sokalski wrote:
>> I have an HTML table for the layout of one of my pages. I have the table
>> set to height:100% so that the table covers the entire visible area.
>> There are two tr tags, the first of which I want to be a fixed height. To
>> do this I set the CSS height property to the desired height, but it still
>> takes up more vertical space than I specify unless the second tr takes up
>> enough to fill the rest of the space. I have tried this in IE7 and
>> FireFox, and the problem is only occurring in IE7. How can I make the tr
>> use exactly the amount of space I want? Any help would be appreciated.
>> Thanks.

ANONYMOUS

For CSS related problems and solutions by experts who use only notepad
or other text editors, try this forum:

You will get definite answers within 24 hours. You need to register but
you can use your free hotmail or yahoo account or create a new account
for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Nathan Sokalski wrote:

>I have an HTML table for the layout of one of my pages. I have the table set
>to height:100% so that the table covers the entire visible area. There are
>two tr tags, the first of which I want to be a fixed height. To do this I
>set the CSS height property to the desired height, but it still takes up
>more vertical space than I specify unless the second tr takes up enough to
>fill the rest of the space. I have tried this in IE7 and FireFox, and the
>problem is only occurring in IE7. How can I make the tr use exactly the
>amount of space I want? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

rob^_^

Yes, good source. I am on the mailing list. Interesting to see what ppl are
having problems with (css). Regards.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...