Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Form Security Name Format

Form Security Name Format

randy.buchholz

Hi All.

I'm using Forms security on an ASP.net application. I would like to use
last, first or email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) for the user name. It seems that only
letters are allowed in the user names. Is there a swithch or other way to
get these types of names to work?

Thanks

Jani Järvinen [MVP]

Hello Randy,

> I'm using Forms security on an ASP.net application. I would like to use
> last, first or email (E-Mail Removed) for the user name. It seems that
> only letters are allowed in the user names.

At the most basic level, Forms authentication is just working using strings,
and it is up to you how you want to allow as a valid username/password
combination.

Most likely you are using some kind of control/library/additional framework
that creates this requirement for only typing in letters. If this is the
case, then let us know which additional piece you are using. Many components
expect you to type an e-mail address as the username, which in turn should
allow numbers as well.

Thank you!

--
Regards,