Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mac bashers

Reply
Thread Tools

Mac bashers

 
 
peterwn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
See:
http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611

"Be afraid, PC bigots"

No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
well as Linux and for similar reasons.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Moshe Goldfarb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:34:21 -0700 (PDT), peterwn wrote:

> See:
> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>
> "Be afraid, PC bigots"
>
> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
> well as Linux and for similar reasons.


I don't see many problems between PC users and Mac users?
Some of the studios I work in use both and I have clients on
both sides of the debate.

The biggest whiners are the Linux users who are like radical
religious types out of control.

They tend to spend far more time cutting down the competition
rather than advocating Linux.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter Huebner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
In article <79475a17-4cc5-425b-9e44-ec2e1cbe9bd4
@m3g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> See:
> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>
> "Be afraid, PC bigots"
>
> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
> well as Linux and for similar reasons.


Seriously, I've never seen anyone bash a Mac, verbally or physically.
Oh, complain that they're overpriced, yes, but hey!

That guy has a chip on his shoulder.

If I actually had any use for the software that runs so well on Macs, or
if Macs would run the software I want to use, I'd be out there like a
flash, now that I can afford them easily. But I haven't, and they don't
and buying a Mac and then booting it into MS windows seems a bit silly
to me. <big smile>

-P.

 
Reply With Quote
 
JEDIDIAH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
On 2009-09-27, peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
> See:
> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>
> "Be afraid, PC bigots"


Afraid of what?

Apple continues to completely ingore the top end of the PC market. While
Apple could certainly kick a lot of ass if they stopped doing that, there is
no signs of them doing so. So the status quo will most likely stay as it is
where those of us with slightly interesting requirements end up using Kludge
Klones to avoid a 4x increase in costs.

A mini is great for a basic user but not much else. While that covers
a LOT of people, there are still a lot of people that want something more
than that and aren't interested in paying the gratutious premium for a Mac
Pro.

My Quad Core with the 5 hot swap bays costs the same as a mini.

>
> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
> well as Linux and for similar reasons.



--
On the subject of kilobyte being "redefined" to mean 1000 bytes...

When I was a wee lad, I was taught that SI units were |||
meant to be computationally convenient rather than just / | \
arbitrarily assigned.
 
Reply With Quote
 
RonB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
peterwn wrote:
> See:
> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>
> "Be afraid, PC bigots"
>
> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
> well as Linux and for similar reasons.


Typical Apple snobbery...

From the article...

~~
But the fact underlying both these contrary positions is the same: fear
of Apple."

(Oh, yeah. Sure. I'm "afraid" of Apple. What a crock -- so we already
know this dude is delusional.)

So I've been wondering about that fear. Part of that fear is the
ignorance that's common, unfortunately, to our human condition - we seem
to fear more what we least know about, whereas logic would dictate we
ought to fear things we know more about.

(Good grief, another really stupid thing to say... "Don't fear the
unknown thing out in the dark -- fear the things you can see and already
know about." And he calls this "logic." And, of course, it has nothing
to do with why I have no interest in a Mac -- or Windows, for that matter.)

Whatever, some of these commenters, despite protestations to the
opposite, are patently ignorant of that which they so enthusiastically
denigrate.

(No, actually I'm not. I've tried Macs and I've already admitted that I
*could* get used to the OS if I had to. I like the fact that the Mac OS
is based on BSD, which makes it solid. What I don't like about Macs is
the inflated price for the hardware.)

Part of their fear comes from the annoyance, I suspect, that some of
them would like Apple equipment but can't, or won't, afford it. So they
have made such a virtue out of the necessity of having to become Windows
experts to run these more troublesome (by oh, so many accounts) machines
they feel they must work all the harder to defend their cheap - sorry,
'more affordable' - fortresses.

(Here's where the real snobbery comes in -- the same stuff we saw about
Apple iPods in another thread. "The only reason people wouldn't buy an
Apple iPod instead of another MP3 is because they hate Apple or can't
afford the iPod." Or maybe they like the features or size, or company
that makes another MP3 player? Again, the mistake that higher prices
equals higher quality. Even though both the Apple and Dell (for example)
build the majority of their stuff in sweatshops in China.)
....

What could Apple do with this money? For one thing, let's imagine that
Apple chose to address, even for one month, the charge that Macs are
'too' expensive.

("Too" expensive. Note the quotes. After the admission that some people
can't buy Macs because they are too expensive, he then turns on his own
claim by making it seem "dubious." In other words, for Apple cultists,
the price of an Apple is "worth it," no matter how much you must
sacrifice to obtain one. Sorry, dude, but they are just freakin'
computers. I can get a computer with much higher specs than a Mac for
less than half the price (because I have many choices). That's not a
delusion, that's reality.)
~~

Do all Mac users and/or advocates have martyr complexes? (Actually I
know that's not true, I know several Mac users, so there must just be a
subset of loons who think the world is out to get them, or that the
world "fears" Apple.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Snit
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
RonB stated in post h9mibg$kkh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org on 9/26/09 7:23
PM:

> (Here's where the real snobbery comes in -- the same stuff we saw about
> Apple iPods in another thread. "The only reason people wouldn't buy an
> Apple iPod instead of another MP3 is because they hate Apple or can't
> afford the iPod." Or maybe they like the features or size, or company
> that makes another MP3 player? Again, the mistake that higher prices
> equals higher quality.


Who has said that higher prices equal higher quality?

You made that up... built a straw man to shoot down.

Not very exciting.


--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


 
Reply With Quote
 
Snit
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
RonB stated in post h9mibg$kkh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org on 9/26/09 7:23
PM:

> ("Too" expensive. Note the quotes. After the admission that some people
> can't buy Macs because they are too expensive, he then turns on his own
> claim by making it seem "dubious." In other words, for Apple cultists,
> the price of an Apple is "worth it," no matter how much you must
> sacrifice to obtain one. Sorry, dude, but they are just freakin'
> computers. I can get a computer with much higher specs than a Mac for
> less than half the price (because I have many choices). That's not a
> delusion, that's reality.)


Why is it that comparison after comparison finds Macs to be comparable
priced to similar machines?

I bet you have no answer for this.


--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]


 
Reply With Quote
 
RonB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
Bobs wrote:
> peterwn wrote:
>> See:
>> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>>
>>
>> "Be afraid, PC bigots"
>>
>> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
>> well as Linux and for similar reasons.

>
> LOL
>
> No one cares Peter. MS shills? MS doesn't need shills. THey dominate.
>
> Please go back to your 1% linux market share piece of **** amateur
> operating system


Obviously *someone* cares, or they wouldn't be here 24/7 spewing their
stupidity and going through all the effort of creating hundreds of sock
puppets.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"
 
Reply With Quote
 
greg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
Peter Huebner wrote:
> In article <79475a17-4cc5-425b-9e44-ec2e1cbe9bd4
> @m3g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> See:
>> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>>
>> "Be afraid, PC bigots"
>>
>> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash Mac's as
>> well as Linux and for similar reasons.

>
> Seriously, I've never seen anyone bash a Mac, verbally or physically.
> Oh, complain that they're overpriced, yes, but hey!
>
> That guy has a chip on his shoulder.
>
> If I actually had any use for the software that runs so well on Macs, or
> if Macs would run the software I want to use, I'd be out there like a
> flash, now that I can afford them easily. But I haven't, and they don't
> and buying a Mac and then booting it into MS windows seems a bit silly
> to me. <big smile>
>
> -P.
>



The guy has an inferiority complex, bit like those with a small dick,
they have to talk other things down to make theirs seem bigger!
 
Reply With Quote
 
High Plains Thumper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2009
greg wrote:
> Peter Huebner wrote:
>> peterwn says...
>>
>>> See:
>>> http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/mac...ectid=10599611
>>>
>>> "Be afraid, PC bigots"
>>>
>>> No doubt it is the same motley bunch of MS shills who bash
>>> Mac's as well as Linux and for similar reasons.

>>
>> Seriously, I've never seen anyone bash a Mac, verbally or
>> physically. Oh, complain that they're overpriced, yes, but
>> hey!
>>
>> That guy has a chip on his shoulder. If I actually had any
>> use for the software that runs so well on Macs, or if Macs
>> would run the software I want to use, I'd be out there like
>> a flash, now that I can afford them easily. But I haven't,
>> and they don't and buying a Mac and then booting it into MS
>> windows seems a bit silly to me. <big smile>

>
> The guy has an inferiority complex, bit like those with a
> small dick, they have to talk other things down to make theirs
> seem bigger!


One time I told one rider, the reason why he needed a bigger
motorcycle was to make up for a small dick, when he criticised mine.

Interesting that this article is crossposted to nz.comp. A short
while back, I wrote in one of the motorcycle forums of my trek in
northern Arizona, through the Navajo Reservation, to Window Rock,
Navajo Pines, through Washington Pass down to Sheep Springs.

At the mention of Sheep Springs, one of the New Zealand
motorcycle riders exclaimed, "You must be in heaven!".

I'm not sure of the sanity of running Windows on a Mac, just
doesn't seem right. Now Linux OTOH, is another story.

--
HPT
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2811 snmp for what mac's are on which port ( simliar to thesh mac-add ) ab Cisco 0 02-12-2007 08:26 PM
Image quality on .mac (dot mac) eyalnevo@gmail.com Digital Photography 4 05-16-2006 03:07 PM
Vertical Gap between DIVs in Opera 8.5 Mac + IE 5.2 Mac mangm HTML 2 12-01-2005 12:48 PM
mac!! mac!!! * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 Computer Support 7 06-03-2005 12:48 AM
Senseless rendering: Mac.Mozilla != Mac.Netscape6.01 ?!?! Roman =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Bl=F6th?= HTML 1 07-02-2003 10:23 AM



Advertisments