Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can 1 use one in 2 forms?

How can 1 use one in 2 forms?

Allen

Below are 4 forms. Namely: Form1, EmployeeID, AboutBox and
EnterEmployeeName. I made a class to help in open, write and read from
files called Time. I managed to declare class Time in EmployeeID space, but
could not declare it in EnterEmployeeName. In other words, I can declare
class Time in one space only. I really want to use class Time in both forms
EmployeeID and EnterEmployeeName. Can anybody tell me why I always get
error below, every time I run the program? And how can I use the Time class
in both the above forms?

1>c:\users\allen\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\timetracking\timetracking\Time.h(5) : error C2011: 'Time' :
'class' type redefinition
1> c:\users\allen\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\timetracking\timetracking\Time.h(5) : see declaration of
'Time'
1>EnterEmployeeName.cpp

#pragma once
#include "AboutBox.h"
#include "EmployeeID.h"
#include "EnterEmployeeName.h"
namespace TimeTracking
{
using namespace System::Windows::Forms;
public ref class Form1 : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
{

};
}
/***************************/
#pragma once
#include "Time.h"
//#include "stdafx.h"
#using <mscorlib.dll>

namespace TimeTracking
{
public ref class EmployeeID : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
{
};
}
/***************************/
#pragma once
namespace TimeTracking
{
public ref class AboutBox : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
{

};
}
/***************************/
#pragma once
#include "stdafx.h"
//#include "Time.h" //-------------uncomment and get error C2011

namespace TimeTracking
{

public ref class EnterEmployeeName : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
{

};
}
/***************************/
using namespace System;
ref class Time
{
};
/***************************/
#include "stdafx.h"
#include "Time.h"
#using <mscorlib.dll>

--
Thanks
Allen

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 25, 2:24*am, "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Below are 4 forms. Namely: Form1, EmployeeID, AboutBox and
> EnterEmployeeName. *I made a class to help in open, write and read from
> files called Time. *I managed to declare class Time in EmployeeID space, but
> could not declare it in EnterEmployeeName. *In other words, I can declare
> class Time in one space only. *I really want to use class Time in both forms
> EmployeeID and EnterEmployeeName. *Can anybody tell me why I always get
> error below, every time I run the program? *And how can I use the Time class
> in both the above forms?
>
> 1>c:\users\allen\documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\timetracking\timetracking\Time.h(5) : error C2011: 'Time' :
> 'class' type redefinition
> 1> * * * *c:\users\allen\documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\timetracking\timetracking\Time.h(5) : see declaration of
> 'Time'
> 1>EnterEmployeeName.cpp
>
> #pragma once
> #include "AboutBox.h"
> #include "EmployeeID.h"
> #include "EnterEmployeeName.h"
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
> *using namespace System::Windows::Forms;
> * public ref class Form1 : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
>
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> #pragma once
> #include "Time.h"
> //#include "stdafx.h"
> #using <mscorlib.dll>
>
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
> *public ref class EmployeeID : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> #pragma once
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
> *public ref class AboutBox : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
>
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> #pragma once
> #include "stdafx.h"
> //#include "Time.h" * //-------------uncomment and get error C2011
>
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
>
> *public ref class EnterEmployeeName : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
>
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> using namespace System;
> ref *class Time
> {};
>
> /***************************/
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include "Time.h"
> #using <mscorlib.dll>
>
> --
> Thanks
> Allen

Allen, you are in the wrong group.

Gregory A. Beamer

"Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Below are 4 forms. Namely: Form1, EmployeeID, AboutBox and
> EnterEmployeeName. I made a class to help in open, write and read
> from files called Time. I managed to declare class Time in EmployeeID
> space, but could not declare it in EnterEmployeeName. In other words,
> I can declare class Time in one space only. I really want to use
> class Time in both forms EmployeeID and EnterEmployeeName. Can
> anybody tell me why I always get error below, every time I run the
> program? And how can I use the Time class in both the above forms?

I am not a C++ expert, so I would suggest reposting in a C++ group. I can,
however, tell you WHAT is happening. With the way you are linking Time, you
are ending up with two links, which is causing the compiler to bomb. As I
have only hacked C++ in my career, I am not sure what to tell you to get
past this error, however.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Twitter: @gbworld

My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
http://www.crazycancertour.com

| Think outside the box! |

Richard

On Sep 24, 8:24*pm, "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Below are 4 forms. Namely: Form1, EmployeeID, AboutBox and
> EnterEmployeeName. *I made a class to help in open, write and read from
> files called Time. *I managed to declare class Time in EmployeeID space, but
> could not declare it in EnterEmployeeName. *In other words, I can declare
> class Time in one space only. *I really want to use class Time in both forms
> EmployeeID and EnterEmployeeName. *Can anybody tell me why I always get
> error below, every time I run the program? *And how can I use the Time class
> in both the above forms?
>
> 1>c:\users\allen\documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\timetracking\timetracking\Time.h(5) : error C2011: 'Time' :
> 'class' type redefinition
> 1> * * * *c:\users\allen\documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\timetracking\timetracking\Time.h(5) : see declaration of
> 'Time'
> 1>EnterEmployeeName.cpp
>
> #pragma once
> #include "AboutBox.h"
> #include "EmployeeID.h"
> #include "EnterEmployeeName.h"
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
> *using namespace System::Windows::Forms;
> * public ref class Form1 : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
>
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> #pragma once
> #include "Time.h"
> //#include "stdafx.h"
> #using <mscorlib.dll>
>
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
> *public ref class EmployeeID : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> #pragma once
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
> *public ref class AboutBox : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
>
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> #pragma once
> #include "stdafx.h"
> //#include "Time.h" * //-------------uncomment and get error C2011
>
> namespace TimeTracking
> {
>
> *public ref class EnterEmployeeName : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
> *{
>
> *};}
>
> /***************************/
> using namespace System;
> ref *class Time
> {};
>
> /***************************/
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include "Time.h"
> #using <mscorlib.dll>
>
> --
> Thanks
> Allen

How about making your other classes sub-classes of Time. Then all
times public methods would be available to them.

HTH,
Richard