Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Groovy and Grails vs. Java for Web Interface (see Java web application frameworks / architecture)

Re: Groovy and Grails vs. Java for Web Interface (see Java web application frameworks / architecture)

Roedy Green

On 22 Sep 2009 18:42:27 GMT, "Kenneth P. Turvey" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>What do you see as the disadvantages?

The biggest disadvantage is single source for your tools. If
something happens, you are stuck with code you can't run without a
major conversion.

Just browse the Java glossary for turned-turtle tombstone icons of
products that were great ideas but did not catch on.

Back in the mid 90s I had a conversation with my boss about why we
were using C instead of Smalltalk or something similar when we were
having so many problems directly attributable to using C. His answer
was that Smalltalk programmers were hard to find and expensive. C
programmer were abundant and cheap.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Donít worry about people stealing an idea; if itís original, youíll have to shove it down their throats."
~ Howard Aiken (born: 1900-03-08 died: 1973-03-14 at age: 73)

Groovy & Grails eXchange 2012 SkillsMatter Mike Java 0 11-07-2012 03:59 PM
g:select tag in grails ma_kiem Java 0 07-20-2011 03:21 AM
Re: Groovy and Grails vs. Java for Web Interface (see Java web applicationframeworks / architecture) markspace Java 11 09-29-2009 01:14 PM
Rails vs JRuby/Rails vs Grails Chris Thiel Ruby 1 04-13-2009 09:37 PM
Can Groovy be used in an applet and/or can it generate the Java bytecodes that then can be used in an applet? Casey Hawthorne Java 1 03-18-2009 12:56 AM

Advertisments