Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SmartNavigation

Reply
Thread Tools

SmartNavigation

 
 
amiringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004
I have two problems after set this page directive...

First, when I run the web application in my side(installed VS.NET) the page
include that directive, it will redirect to the following address.
http://localhost/aspnet_client/syste...2/SmartNav.htm
Every page which set SmartNavigation="True" will redirect to that page....
However, If I run my web application in testing server(no VS.NET installed),
no redirect occour.
Why it will redirect that page? Is there any setting wrong?


Second, If I set SmartNavigation="True" in that page, the page prompt a
javascript error "Invalid Pointer" when I click a button. The onclick button
event just do some error checking in each rows in datagrid and write the
following script to create a pop up window


Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript"" type=""text/JavaScript"">")
Response.Write("window.open(""show.aspx?show=sum"" , ""Details"", ""width=""+
window.screen.width-10 + "",height="" + window.screen.height +
"",toolbars=no,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizable =yes"")")
Response.Write("</script>")


I have double checked with the reference link, it should no syntax error...
What does it mean by "Invalid Pointer"? How can I solve it?

If I remove SmartNavigation="True", everything is all right..... I have no
idea why have such error.....

Does anybody can help me?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matthew Hobbs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
Hi,

For the first one, if you get a blank explorer window
(with a small source about some smart nav redirection
syntax) then check that
the "aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322" folder exists on
your test server under the current web service's root
folder, if not, copy it there so that the server can find
the required smart nav .js files.

Can't help you with the second issue though.

Cheers,
-Mat

>-----Original Message-----
>I have two problems after set this page directive...
>
>First, when I run the web application in my side

(installed VS.NET) the page
>include that directive, it will redirect to the following

address.
>http://localhost/aspnet_client/syste...1_4322/SmartNa

v.htm
>Every page which set SmartNavigation="True" will redirect

to that page....
>However, If I run my web application in testing server(no

VS.NET installed),
>no redirect occour.
>Why it will redirect that page? Is there any setting

wrong?
>
>
>Second, If I set SmartNavigation="True" in that page, the

page prompt a
>javascript error "Invalid Pointer" when I click a button.

The onclick button
>event just do some error checking in each rows in

datagrid and write the
>following script to create a pop up window
>
>
>Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript""

type=""text/JavaScript"">")
>Response.Write("window.open(""show.aspx?

show=sum"", ""Details"", ""width=""+
>window.screen.width-10 + "",height="" +

window.screen.height +
>"",toolbars=no,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizabl e=yes"")"

)
>Response.Write("</script>")
>
>
>I have double checked with the reference link, it should

no syntax error...
>What does it mean by "Invalid Pointer"? How can I solve

it?
>
>If I remove SmartNavigation="True", everything is all

right..... I have no
>idea why have such error.....
>
>Does anybody can help me?
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alvin Bruney
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2004
> >Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript""
> type=""text/JavaScript"">")
> >Response.Write("window.open(""show.aspx?

> show=sum"", ""Details"", ""width=""+
> >window.screen.width-10 + "",height="" +

> window.screen.height +
> >"",toolbars=no,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizabl e=yes"")"

> )
> >Response.Write("</script>")


This code doesn't compile. Please provide a compilable version which
reproduces the problem so I can have a look at the issue.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
"Matthew Hobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2def01c3d7f0$32750ac0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> For the first one, if you get a blank explorer window
> (with a small source about some smart nav redirection
> syntax) then check that
> the "aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322" folder exists on
> your test server under the current web service's root
> folder, if not, copy it there so that the server can find
> the required smart nav .js files.
>
> Can't help you with the second issue though.
>
> Cheers,
> -Mat
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I have two problems after set this page directive...
> >
> >First, when I run the web application in my side

> (installed VS.NET) the page
> >include that directive, it will redirect to the following

> address.
> >http://localhost/aspnet_client/syste...1_4322/SmartNa

> v.htm
> >Every page which set SmartNavigation="True" will redirect

> to that page....
> >However, If I run my web application in testing server(no

> VS.NET installed),
> >no redirect occour.
> >Why it will redirect that page? Is there any setting

> wrong?
> >
> >
> >Second, If I set SmartNavigation="True" in that page, the

> page prompt a
> >javascript error "Invalid Pointer" when I click a button.

> The onclick button
> >event just do some error checking in each rows in

> datagrid and write the
> >following script to create a pop up window
> >
> >
> >Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript""

> type=""text/JavaScript"">")
> >Response.Write("window.open(""show.aspx?

> show=sum"", ""Details"", ""width=""+
> >window.screen.width-10 + "",height="" +

> window.screen.height +
> >"",toolbars=no,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizabl e=yes"")"

> )
> >Response.Write("</script>")
> >
> >
> >I have double checked with the reference link, it should

> no syntax error...
> >What does it mean by "Invalid Pointer"? How can I solve

> it?
> >
> >If I remove SmartNavigation="True", everything is all

> right..... I have no
> >idea why have such error.....
> >
> >Does anybody can help me?
> >
> >
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avoid SmartNavigation Jerad Rose ASP .Net 1 07-21-2003 04:28 PM
Smartnavigation and EditItemIndex problem karim ASP .Net 0 07-16-2003 03:47 PM
SmartNavigation & application crashing.. Nicolas LeBlanc ASP .Net 1 07-16-2003 06:15 AM
SmartNavigation. Paul Aspinall ASP .Net 1 07-08-2003 06:16 PM
SmartNavigation Paul Aspinall ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 03:43 PM



Advertisments