Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Printing a folded booklet

Re: Printing a folded booklet

Jeff Strickland

The template for the folded booklet has to be properly laid out. I'm not
certain what program does this the best, but I'd expect you to be looking at
an Adobe PageMaker kind of product. There are some PrintShop Pro-type
products -- they make greeting cards and the like at home -- that might do
this for you as well. Your page countes would be relatively low, I'd guess,
to use this kind of product.

If you have high page counts, then you're going to find yourself better
suited with a Quark Express sort of program. I visit to Kinkos -- where they
will do the actual printing and binding -- will help you figure out what the
best products are for your application. Word, as far as I know, does not
have a template that can do this for you.

If you had 8 sheets folded in half, you'd get 32 pages in your booklet with
the pages 1,2 and 31, 32 on the first sheet, 3,4 and 29, 30 on the second,
5,6 and 27, 28 on the third, and so on.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me how to print a folded booklet? I have a pdf file
> that I am opening using the Adobe Reader 8 application and trying to
> print this as an A4 folded booklet using my Epson R200 printer but I'm
> having great difficulty in getting it to print the pages in order,
> they're all mixed up and not consecutive.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Jeff Strickland

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:04:42 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The template for the folded booklet has to be properly laid out. I'm not
>>certain what program does this the best, but I'd expect you to be looking
>>at
>>an Adobe PageMaker kind of product. There are some PrintShop Pro-type
>>products -- they make greeting cards and the like at home -- that might do
>>this for you as well. Your page countes would be relatively low, I'd
>>guess,
>>to use this kind of product.
>>
>>If you have high page counts, then you're going to find yourself better
>>suited with a Quark Express sort of program. I visit to Kinkos -- where
>>they
>>will do the actual printing and binding -- will help you figure out what
>>the
>>best products are for your application. Word, as far as I know, does not
>>have a template that can do this for you.
>>
>>If you had 8 sheets folded in half, you'd get 32 pages in your booklet
>>with
>>the pages 1,2 and 31, 32 on the first sheet, 3,4 and 29, 30 on the second,
>>5,6 and 27, 28 on the third, and so on.

> It was a .pdf file I was trying to print the folded booklet from.

Sorry, I missed that until right after I clicked Send. Damn! When will we
get an Unsend Button?

It
> has the option in the printing menu in Adobe. My printer the Epson
> R200 also appears to support the printing of folded booklets, but I
> can't get it to print the pages in order unfortunately.
>
> If anyone knows how to do it in order and what options to select
> please let me know.

I've got no help for you.

Having said that, the print order should be

Page 1, Last Page, Page 1+1, Last Page -1, and so on.

In a simple folded sheet (single fold of a Letter or A4 sheet), the first
and last page are on the same side of the same sheet, and the page 2 and the
page preceding the last page share the same side of the next sheet.

- Bobb -

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It was a .pdf file I was trying to print the folded booklet from. It
> has the option in the printing menu in Adobe. My printer the Epson
> R200 also appears to support the printing of folded booklets, but I
> can't get it to print the pages in order unfortunately.
>
> If anyone knows how to do it in order and what options to select
> please let me know.

For page order:
" Folded Booklet double-sided printing " in middle of this page:

http://files.support.epson.com/htmld...out%20menu%20a