Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Modal Popup Window returning Collection to parent Page

Modal Popup Window returning Collection to parent Page

Michael

Hello,

Is is possible in ASP.NET and Ajax than a Modal Popup Window will return
e.g. Collection of object e.g. List<Customer> to it's parent aspx page?

Cheers,
Michael

bruce barker

you question makes little sense. the contents of a modal popup window is
the parent page. the popup is just a panel (div) that is rendered in the
browser but hidden via css. the server is not involved in displaying the
popup (just a little javascript and css to make the panel visible).
any post back the popup does will replace the page in the browser.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is is possible in ASP.NET and Ajax than a Modal Popup Window will return
> e.g. Collection of object e.g. List<Customer> to it's parent aspx page?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

Michael

No, Modal Popup windows and it's parent are not same Windows.
I'm using Telerik's RadWindow/Ajax mechanism for creating Modal Popup
Windows. Both Parent and Popup are in separate aspx files and live theit own
life in their own Windows. That's how I have understand it.

But what comes to the problem, I think it's because of Ajax. I also noticed
that Submits comes to Popup Window too. Changing PostBackUrl and using e.g.
ViewState as transform mechanism didn't solve the problem because when
Popup Window was opened using Telerik's Ajax/Javascript methods it needed to
do something other things too. Otherwise Popup Window stayed into screen.

I found a sample from Telerik
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax...defaultcs.aspx
which used plain Javascript/Ajax? to two window communication.

This problem is not Telerik based I think, this problem arises if you are
using other product too into this purpose.

So if anyone has any ideas how to transfer data between to Windows and
especially back I would be glad to here about then.

Cheers,

Michael

news:uDi$(E-Mail Removed)...