Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > unable to connect to any wireless service- suddenly

unable to connect to any wireless service- suddenly

=?Utf-8?B?cm9tcG5mcm9sYw==?=

I have a 2 yr old Dell Inspiron laptop with an internal wireless card. I
never had a problem connecting to any wireless network in the past. Someone
changed some setting on my computer about a month ago and I have not been
able to connect wirelessly since. For example, I am currently at a hotel
that has a wireless network. In Wireless Network Connection, Choose a
Wireless Network, I can view the hotel's network, however, the connection
either claims it is connected while offering only a "connect" box below, or
the opposite. It currently is "acquiring network address" and never goes
beyond that. Does anyone know what is wrong? (I am currently connecting
with my sprint card, which is slow but I have no problems with it, nor do I
have any trouble when I connect to any LAN via an ethernet cable). Please
advise...any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff