Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > style sheet and images is specific to installation

style sheet and images is specific to installation

Jon Paugh

Hi,

Our ASP.NET app has multiple installations. Each
installation is for a different customer. Each customer
has their own style sheet and images. Ideally a given
installation would not have the style sheet and images for
other installations on the production server (only
required contents should be present).

How would we customize the application?

1) Would we have resource files containing the images and
hack the CultureInfo by creating a fake culture for each
customer?
2) Is there a way to put together the setup and deployment
projects to include only appropriate resources?
3) Is there another way to customize the appropriate
installation without hacking the cultureinfo?
4) How do we (should we) create an installation file that
is specific to a given customer/installation. We would
only want to include the images and style sheet for a
single customer in a given installation.

Thanks,

Jon Paugh

Craig Deelsnyder

Jon Paugh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our ASP.NET app has multiple installations. Each
> installation is for a different customer. Each customer
> has their own style sheet and images. Ideally a given
> installation would not have the style sheet and images for
> other installations on the production server (only
> required contents should be present).
>
> How would we customize the application?

Assuming this is valid (i.e. you are installing it on your client's PCs)
I'd write a custom deployment app in VS.NET (customize the default one
you get). In it, basically have a screen where you select which client
you are installing for (perhaps a dropdown). The installer then decides
which files to include/exclude.

Here's one article that gives an intro:
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/20...mInstallMG.asp

and some other articles: