Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LinuxCon 2009: "We're getting our asses kicked"

LinuxCon 2009: "We're getting our asses kicked"

impossible

"For the last eight years, we've been told it's the year of the Linux
desktop. Yet penetration figures have remained somewhere in the region of 0
to 1 per cent."

Hmmm...Where have I heard that before?

The Linux Foundation whistles past the graveyard, busily counting Tivo boxes
as "market share". Yeah, right.
Meanwhile, IBM all but concedes the desktop to Windows and OsX, while Suse
takes a whack at frothing, fanatical fanboys who can't face reality.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09...oe_brockmeier/

peterwn

On Sep 23, 3:26*pm, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
<snip>

Please do not feed the trolls.

Biggless

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:08:39 -0700, peterwn wrote:

> On Sep 23, 3:26*pm, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: <snip>
>
> Please do not feed the trolls.

Bang on the money regarding the crappy sound / network manager and good
enuff complete at 80 % ... I never thought id see the day that lot was
ever admitted to ....

Biggles..

impossible

"peterwn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Sep 23, 3:26 pm, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <snip>

<unsnip>

Why the censorship? What is Pete the Pest afraid of? <shakes head>

>> "For the last eight years, we've been told it's the year of the Linux
>> desktop. Yet penetration figures have remained somewhere in the region of
>> 0
>> to 1 per cent."
>>

>> Hmmm...Where have I heard that before?
>>
>> The Linux Foundation whistles past the graveyard, busily counting Tivo
>> boxes
>> as "market share". Yeah, right.
>> Meanwhile, IBM all but concedes the desktop to Windows and OsX, while
>> Suse
>> takes a whack at frothing, fanatical fanboys who can't face reality.
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09...oe_brockmeier/

> Please do not feed the trolls.

Oh, I get it now -- too many ionconvenient facts for a nixophiliac to
process. Slink away!

When a Suse exec concedes that "We're getting our asses kicked" because the
Linux desktop offers a second-rate experience to customers, it makes Pete
the Pest and his Merry Band of Linux Fanboys look pretty silly. But then
what else is new.

LinuxCon 2009: We're bloated and we're proud of it! impossible NZ Computing 0 09-25-2009 11:18 AM
LinuxCon 2009: We're bloated and we're proud of it! impossible NZ Computing 0 09-25-2009 11:16 AM
Need help, no smart asses please doS Computer Support 7 06-10-2005 12:05 AM
Dumb asses pcbutts1 Computer Support 2 04-29-2005 08:08 PM
Who are these smart asses? joevan Computer Support 15 04-16-2005 10:41 AM

Advertisments