Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Which 802.11b card (desktop)?

Re: Which 802.11b card (desktop)?

Eugene F.

Received and tried to install EW-7126 (Edimax Wireless LAN PCI Card) on
my Win'98SE desktop.

Quick Installation Guide does not seem to match the enclosed CD
(version 1.09 March 05, 2004).

While I figured out the location of the driver, I can not find the
location of Utility's Setup.EXE file. It is NOT in the \Utility
folder.

Any ideas?

TIA, Eugene

Eugene F.

Downloaded updated stuff from their web-site and everything seems to
work.

Eugene F.

One more question about Edimax EW-7126

I'm getting around 40% signal mark. Antenna is on the level with
monitor's base. Length of the cord does not allow me to place it
higher. LinkSys router is on the second floor.

If I to get a replacement antenna with somewhat longer cord (at least 2
Ft more) which one should I pick? Obviously prefer from lower price
range.

TIA, Eugene