Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Placement of router

Re: Placement of router

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Post:
> I got a new router, a Linksys N wireless. Dues to space limitations and cord
> lengths. I don't have a lot of places to put it. I was wondering if it's a bad
> idea to sit it on top of the computer case? It would be near the power supply
> which is of course inside the case, but right under the router. Would there be
> interference from the power supply? Thanks.

2Wire recommends 3 feet from computer, which seems goofy on a
computer desk. I put mine in a different room all by its self.
Works like a charm. The 2Wire USB WiFi PCI sits on top of the
computer, no problems. Good Luck, PS: Watch out for older cordless
phones, can raise hell if too close to Router when in use.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere