Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Placement of router

Re: Placement of router

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

> I got a new router, a Linksys N wireless. Dues to space limitations
> and cord lengths. I don't have a lot of places to put it. I was
> wondering if it's a bad idea to sit it on top of the computer case?
> It would be near the power supply which is of course inside the case,
> but right under the router. Would there be interference from the
> power supply? Thanks.

More important than PC case/power supply interference would be *heat*.
Place the router anywhere that is convenient, but make sure there is
adequate air circulation around the unit.

--
-bts