Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Creating an audio disk from an MP3 Podcast.

Creating an audio disk from an MP3 Podcast.

Alasdair

By accident rather than design, I created an audio disk (one I could
play on my car CD player) from an MP3 podcast which I downloaded from
the BBC. I did this using nothing more than Windows XP.

I tried in vain to repeat the process but to no avail and wonder if
some kind and knowledgable person could give me step by step
instructions on how to do it.

--
Alasdair.

chuckcar

Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> By accident rather than design, I created an audio disk (one I could
> play on my car CD player) from an MP3 podcast which I downloaded from
> the BBC. I did this using nothing more than Windows XP.
>
> I tried in vain to repeat the process but to no avail and wonder if
> some kind and knowledgable person could give me step by step
> instructions on how to do it.

You need to either convert the file to CDDA format (or wav at least). Or
at the *very* least use cd writing software that converts mp3 files to
CDDA *as* they're recording. CD's use CDDA format, however wav is so
common on MS windows computers that many include the ability to use them
as well. Be warned however, such wav files will be *huge*. This really
depends on what software you're using to write CD's. Something you didn't
mention

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )