Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Vista drivers --> Win 7 drivers

Re: Vista drivers --> Win 7 drivers

philo

Bob wrote:
> I have several PCs running Vista. I can't wait to get this junk off my
> computer and install Windows 7.
> Will I need specific drivers for Win7 or will the Vista drivers work?
>
> Thanks

I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7

I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going

by using XP drivers...

Andy

philo wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>> I have several PCs running Vista. I can't wait to get this junk off my
>> computer and install Windows 7.
>> Will I need specific drivers for Win7 or will the Vista drivers work?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7
>
> I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going
>
> by using XP drivers...

I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine

by installing Windows 7...

nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book eh?)

Cheers,
Andy.

--
Registered Linux User #478766

Gordon

Andy wrote:
> philo wrote:
>
>> Bob wrote:
>>> I have several PCs running Vista. I can't wait to get this junk off my
>>> computer and install Windows 7.
>>> Will I need specific drivers for Win7 or will the Vista drivers work?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7
>>
>> I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going
>>
>> by using XP drivers...

> I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine
>
> by installing Windows 7...
>
> nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book eh?)
>
> Cheers,
> Andy.

I second that.....

skeeter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andy wrote:
>> philo wrote:

>>> I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7
>>>
>>> I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going
>>>
>>> by using XP drivers...

>> I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine
>>
>> by installing Windows 7...
>>
>> nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book eh?)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andy.
>>

> I second that.....

i had vista for 3 days before i put 7 rc on. vista crashed 4 times in three
days, 7 hasn't crashed yet on two boxes and they get rebooted once a week.

hwf

skeeter <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<h959d9$hbr$(E-Mail Removed)>:

>"Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andy wrote:

off my

work?

>>> I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine
>>>
>>> by installing Windows 7...
>>>
>>> nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book

eh?)

>>> Cheers,
>>> Andy.
>>>

>> I second that.....

>i had vista for 3 days before i put 7 rc on. vista crashed 4 times in

three
>days, 7 hasn't crashed yet on two boxes and they get rebooted once a

week.

Your personalized check from Bill gates is in the mail.

^_^