Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Sunday 20th Global Python Mtg via VOIP - BerkeleyTIP - for forwarding

Sunday 20th Global Python Mtg via VOIP - BerkeleyTIP - for forwarding

john_re

Get a VOIP headset, Install VOIP client SW, & join the global Python
meeting this
Sunday Sept 20, 12N-3P Pacific Daylight Savings Time (UTC-,
3P-6P Eastern, (7P-10P UTC?)
http://sites.google.com/site/berkele...ote-attendance

Lots of great, exciting new things for Python users,
as we start Year 2 of the Global FSW GNU(Linux)/BSD,
Free HW, Free Culture, TIP meetings:
TIP = Talks, Installfest, Project/Programing Party.
Educational, Productive, Social.

Join with the meeting from your home via VOIP,
or create a local meeting at your local college wifi cafe.

=====
Quick announcement. We're starting up BTIP year 2, for the 2009-10
school year.
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/home

September Videos: Puppet language, Python mystery talks, CampKDE
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/talk-videos

This year 2 we'll be focusing on
1) Inviting UC Berkeley students via poster/flyers
2) Getting local meetings going at California colleges
3) Getting invitations out to more American countries
4) Getting topic groups (OLPC, Python, KDE & GNOME, BSD, Ubuntu, etc)
having simultaneous meetings.
5) Improving our VOIP server, perhaps upgrading to FreeSwitch.

==
Come join the Sept 20 Sunday meeting, get on voip, chat, discuss the
videos, work on your own projects & share them with others, help educate
students, & help work on the group projects.

Join #berkeleytip on irc.freenode.net, & we'll help you get your VOIP HW
& SW working.

Join the mailing lists & say hi, tell us what you are interested in.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

You are invited to forward this message anywhere it would be welcomed.