Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Repeater network

Repeater network

oldguy

Hi all,

I'm trying to distribute the broadband connection wirelessly inside a
camping area using repeaters (AP's). There are a lot of trees in an
irregular pattern in the area which has a diameter of approximately 300
meters. A wireless gateway placed at the approximate center, with an
external antenna, doesn't work as desired. I've therefore decided to use 3
or 4 repeaters, placed near the perimeter, in addition to the central
gateway, to cover as much as possible, since there are several points which
look like they can not be covered at all (tree population).

I've never done this before, neither have I used repeaters. I have some
knowledge about the theory, I know that the ranges of all the AP's and the
gateway should overlap slightly, and that they should be set up as repeaters
which looks like a very simple task, etc.

Are there any points which I should bear in mind? Are there any internet
resources you can recommend for reading, that deal as directly as possible
with the subject?

Regards,
Engin

Peter Bui[MS]

Here is an interesting article regarding wireless repeaters:

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials...le.php/1571601

news:evJ$(E-Mail Removed)...