Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Security

Security

Root Kit

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:08:36 +0100, "Repelsteeltje" <henbrosj.2@don't
messwith me> wrote:

>"Albert" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've just installed XP and need to surf the web. Do I need to install
>> anything?

>How about this?
>1 Anti-virus
>2 Firewall
>3 Anti-Spy
>4 Anti-Spam
>Is this enough?

You don't need all kinds of anti-this and -that.

What you need is to surf the web in a sensible way using a robust
browser. And keep both your OS and installed applications patched.