Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Error 1628: Failed to complete instalation.

Error 1628: Failed to complete instalation.

Patricia Hinestrosa

I have been trying to install a Family Tree Maker 2010. I have use all the older versions without a problem. Now I have Vista 64 and everything seems to be difficult. Any suggestions? Of course Family Tree Maker says this is becouse Vista 64, and Vista 64 says it happens becouse Family tree Maker.

Patricia

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

Carlos

Patricia,
Have you tried Family Tree Maker 2010 FAQ section?
http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm....p_sid=fYoHscIj
Carlos

Patricia:
Probaste en la sección de preguntas más frecuentes del programa?
http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm....p_sid=fYoHscIj
Atte.
Carlos

"Patricia Hinestrosa" wrote:

> I have been trying to install a Family Tree Maker 2010. I have use all the older versions without a problem. Now I have Vista 64 and everything seems to be difficult. Any suggestions? Of course Family Tree Maker says this is becouse Vista 64, and Vista 64 says it happens becouse Family tree Maker.
>
> Patricia

> WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

John Barnes

The program is most likely not 64-bit compatible.

"Patricia Hinestrosa" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been trying to install a Family Tree Maker 2010. I have use all the
> older versions without a problem. Now I have Vista 64 and everything seems
> to be difficult. Any suggestions? Of course Family Tree Maker says this is
> becouse Vista 64, and Vista 64 says it happens becouse Family tree Maker.
>
> Patricia

> WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

David B.

2009 specificall stated it required a 32 bit OS
http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4824&p_created=1245125680&p_si d=UXDnlfIj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_ sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3J vd19jbnQ9NCw0JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY 3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9 wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD02NCBiaXQ!&p_li=&p_topv iew=1

2010 does not
http://ancestry.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...p_sid=AUxVlfIj

They need to answer the question, is 2010 x64 compatible.

--

------
"Patricia Hinestrosa" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been trying to install a Family Tree Maker 2010. I have use all the
>older versions without a problem. Now I have Vista 64 and everything seems
>to be difficult. Any suggestions? Of course Family Tree Maker says this is
>becouse Vista 64, and Vista 64 says it happens becouse Family tree Maker.
>
> Patricia

> WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

Lee Steele

I have family Tree Maker 2010 installed on Win7 Build 7100 64 Bit. I did
not have to install it in any compatibility mode. It works fine for me.

Lee Steele

news:(E-Mail Removed)...