Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BIOS not fully compliant with ACPI error

BIOS not fully compliant with ACPI error

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com

Trying to install Windows 2000 on an Ergo/Twinhead laptop.

When I first tried it, came up with a Blue Screen error telling me
the
BIOS was not ACPI compliant. I found this:-

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841

So, I hit F7 as it suggests and it seems to go further. Now however,
get an error message saying setup cannot find keyboard.

Any ideas? (Yes, kbd works).

So far I've tried:-
1. Looking to disable ACPI in BIOS - no option
2. A usb keyboard - doesnt recognise
3. A newer BIOS - this is the newest

BertieBigBollox@gmail.com

On Sep 18, 11:59*am, "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Trying to install Windows 2000 on an Ergo/Twinhead laptop.
> > When I first tried it, came up with a Blue Screen error telling me
> > the
> > BIOS was not ACPI compliant. I found this:-
> >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841
> > So, I hit F7 as it suggests and it seems to go further. Now however,
> > get an error message saying setup cannot find keyboard.
> > Any ideas? (Yes, kbd works).
> > So far I've tried:-
> > 1. Looking to disable ACPI in BIOS - no option
> > 2. A usb keyboard - doesnt recognise
> > 3. A newer BIOS - this is the newest

> Please repost with more information including the model
> number if there is one.
>
> Ben

Twinhead S15