Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Orcon restricted usenet access

Re: Orcon restricted usenet access

Mutlley

vitw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>With the Orcon news server, a lot of newsgroups (eg 'alt.flame') don't
>come up, but instead I see the message 'group download in progress' which
>never goes away.
>
>I'm even seeing this with newsgroups I used to frequent, but have been
>away from for a while (eg comp.lang.forth).
>
>Is it Orcon policy now to only carry the most popular newsgroups?

I gave up on the Orcon news server years ago.. Nothing there..

Mutlley

Crash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:22:00 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>vitw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>With the Orcon news server, a lot of newsgroups (eg 'alt.flame') don't
>>>come up, but instead I see the message 'group download in progress' which
>>>never goes away.
>>>
>>>I'm even seeing this with newsgroups I used to frequent, but have been
>>>away from for a while (eg comp.lang.forth).
>>>
>>>Is it Orcon policy now to only carry the most popular newsgroups?

>>I gave up on the Orcon news server years ago.. Nothing there..

>Interesting. I have been using the Orcon Usenet server for some years
>now with no problems - but I subscribe to few ngs outside the nz.
>hierarchy.

Bet they are text only??

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Crash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:22:00 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>I gave up on the Orcon news server years ago.. Nothing there..

>>Interesting. I have been using the Orcon Usenet server for some years
>>now with no problems - but I subscribe to few ngs outside the nz.
>>hierarchy.

>Bet they are text only??

That's newsgroups for you. The joys of mutlipart encoded messages.