Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > MayaVi install

MayaVi install

Gib

I am trying to follow the instructions for installing MayaVi given on
the Enthought site:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/m...tallation.html
I'm following the step-by-step instructions to install with eggs under
Windows. When I get to this point:
easy_install Sphinx EnvisageCore EnvisagePlugins configobj
Sphinx 0.6.3 is installed OK, but when envisagecore 3.1.1 is being
installed, after doing a few steps it fails with the message:
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

A search showed that vcvarsall.bat is where you might expect to find
it, in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
I'm not sure what to do now.

Robert Kern

On 2009-09-14 23:07 PM, Gib wrote:
> I am trying to follow the instructions for installing MayaVi given on
> the Enthought site:
> http://code.enthought.com/projects/m...tallation.html
> I'm following the step-by-step instructions to install with eggs under
> Windows. When I get to this point:
> easy_install Sphinx EnvisageCore EnvisagePlugins configobj
> Sphinx 0.6.3 is installed OK, but when envisagecore 3.1.1 is being
> installed, after doing a few steps it fails with the message:
> error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
>
> A search showed that vcvarsall.bat is where you might expect to find
> it, in
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
> I'm not sure what to do now.

Probably put that directory on your PATH. You will get better Mayavi support on
the enthought-dev mailing list:

https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/l.../enthought-dev

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Gib

On Sep 16, 3:45*am, Robert Kern <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-09-14 23:07 PM, Gib wrote:
>
> > I am trying to follow the instructions for installing MayaVi *given on
> > the Enthought site:
> >http://code.enthought.com/projects/m...ent/html/mayav...
> > I'm following the step-by-step instructions to install with eggs under
> > Windows. *When I get to this point:
> > easy_install Sphinx EnvisageCore EnvisagePlugins configobj
> > Sphinx 0.6.3 is installed OK, but when envisagecore 3.1.1 is being
> > installed, after doing a few steps it fails with the message:
> > error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

> > A search showed that vcvarsall.bat is where you might expect to find
> > it, in
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
> > I'm not sure what to do now.

> Probably put that directory on your PATH. You will get better Mayavi support on
> the enthought-dev mailing list:
>
> * *https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/l.../enthought-dev
>
> --
> Robert Kern

> * that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had
> * an underlying truth."
> * *-- Umberto Eco

Thanks, will try the mailing list.

vtkStructuredGrid usage question in MayaVi Tyler Python 1 04-23-2007 11:00 PM
could not find module vtk in MayaVi bblais Python 0 01-10-2006 05:34 PM
ANN: MayaVi-1.4 released Prabhu Ramachandran Python 0 02-02-2005 07:22 PM
Python & Mayavi Problem Andrea Python 0 06-17-2004 02:54 PM
Can MayaVi visualize 3D functions in an unstructured grid ? A. Novruzi Python 2 01-15-2004 06:58 PM

Advertisments