Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Composit control with Listbox problem

Composit control with Listbox problem

SAL

Hi Allen,
I sent you a screen shot and the project back again.

"Allen Chen [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Steve,
>
>>Are you able to get items into the ListBox?

> Do you have any progress on this issue? I've sent two emails to you but
> got
> no reply so far. Please update here if it still doesn't work.
>

> Regards,
> Allen Chen
> Microsoft Online Support

> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

SAL

As it turns out, this is an IE 7 rendering issue. Firefox renders the
control fine. I very much appreciate Allen's support on this issue. However,
I must express my dissatisfaction with IE, once again. Wasn't IE 7 supposed
to solve many of these rendering issues? The issue being that I was
specifying the width in the Render routine for the listbox at 100% (of the
td tag) rather than an absolute value. I'm told that IE 8 has resolved this
issue. However, our entire company just moved to IE 7 with little to no
chance of getting us to move to IE 8 at this time. Okay, so maybe this is a
rant and maybe I'm just being lazy by not checking which browser the client
is using.
If I'm not mistaken and I remember correctly, Firefox can have issues if you
specify an abosolute value for some controls. I have not tested this last
issue on the listbox however.
Okay, I guess I'm done with my rant now and I hope this post helps someone
else down the road.

Thanks again Allen for your support.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...