Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Garbage in 2620xm router rommon and error messages

Garbage in 2620xm router rommon and error messages

Ronan Flood

"swpa" <(E-Mail Removed)999.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what the unusual characters or separators are? I think they
> are the | > ! $ Unlike the other garbage I was able to unset, I can't seem
> to find the where the syntax changes to an operator.

Anything not a letter or number, probably.

> 2Y/tge,/r-KO|A8[~;n85+!=0c/f$}o.PL#1V~~FDcV^qg1[C%|^SlA[B6`:lW]28}k<G3yRH*VE}+bhY?
> cN?d}6>>8su9m/zDs$j)XZEy3.m~WbuI_
> )EpwtD8jU]nMICmMot~%>L(?&YF{~}.|{>vDK;!=eG-,vzf$,,nwzOyGQu="l9F
> 83:/G0~35bTtQyLC]RBv>~^oc`6mAn(CXny@x"UH/s6t$|qW61-,Vui7$GhAvW0S=<5vYIeY#GM(hC~W|ko{Wr;gZ2A

The first one could be

unset 2Y^V/tge^V,^V/r^V-KO^V|A8^V[^V~^V;n85^V+^V!

Same with the third one. The second one has two = signs, the first of
which might mark the end of the variable name, or be embedded in it,
so you'd have to try both ways.
--
Ronan Flood <(E-Mail Removed)>

swpa

I do appreciate the help and assistance. Thank you.

Yes, the 2620xm always worked just I got the "out of room in table" and
other errors scrolling up on the console constantly that is a bit irritating
while working with the router. I was able to remove most of that and just
left with these garbage variables in the buffer.

As for ctrl V, when I do that it just seems to escape on the line I am
typing and CR to another prompt without doing anything.

I could live with the router like this, but if I put this back on Ebay for
sale then someone is going to come back to me about garbage in the rommon.
The person I bought it from basically blew me off and not real helpful. I
was able to get some of this sorted out with help from here and my own trial
and error. If I can't resolve this I will probable just scrap the router
when I am done with it.

As for this line
2Y/tge,/r-KO|A8[~;n85+!=0c/f$}o.PL#1V~~FDcV^qg1[C%|^SlA[B6`:lW]28}k<G3yRH*VE}+bhY?
cN?d}6>>8su9m/zDs$j)XZEy3.m~WbuI

I tried top put some quotes around some of the string but says it is not
found. Up to which part in the string is considered the whole variable is
what I can't figure out. I tried doing character by character but for the
most part get not found or redirect not support at this level.

If I can figure out how to manipulate the characters and use the right
syntax in the string it should probably go away.

/

;
!
$
,

Again thanks.

"bod43" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On 18 Sep, 01:42, "swpa" <(E-Mail Removed)999.com> wrote:
> I am not sure what the unusual characters or separators are? I think they
> are the | > ! $ Unlike the other garbage I was able to unset, I can't seem
>
> >> Thanks, that mostly worked with the unset, however this is what is
> >> left,
> >> cant seem to find the the right syntax for the unset as it seems that
> >> there
> >> are pipes, and redirects.

> > Using control-V before each unusual character might work: it "escapes"
> > the next character.

control-V is I think the escape character for config mode
in IOS.

You could also try putting the whole string in quotes,
try single and double.

Unix uses the backslash as the escape character.

for xyz|abc

try xyz\|abc
or xyz^V|abc where ^V is press and hold ctrl
press and release the V key
release ctrl key
or "xyz|abc"
or 'xyz|abc'

Since the prompt is >, I doubt it is a special character.
Easy to test?

In unix $ is used to indicate variables in commands.
i.e. - roughly -- I forget the details exactly now.
set abc fred
echo $abc
is how the $ might be used.

Is the box working now that some of the garbage is gone?

swpa

Thank you I will try this later when I can get some quality playtime in the
lab. I was doing an actual Ctrl. Sorry I am not much of a Linux/Application
type I work mostly with Windows and have little Unix or scripting type
abilities.

I will be sure to let you know what happens.

I deeply appreciate the help. Of all the lab routers and switches I got
from Ebay this was really the only problem child and seller I came across.

Thank you.

AJ

"Ronan Flood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "swpa" <(E-Mail Removed)999.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not sure what the unusual characters or separators are? I think
>> they
>> are the | > ! $ Unlike the other garbage I was able to unset, I can't
>> seem
>> to find the where the syntax changes to an operator.

> Anything not a letter or number, probably.
>
>> 2Y/tge,/r-KO|A8[~;n85+!=0c/f$}o.PL#1V~~FDcV^qg1[C%|^SlA[B6`:lW]28}k<G3yRH*VE}+bhY?
>> cN?d}6>>8su9m/zDs$j)XZEy3.m~WbuI_
>> )EpwtD8jU]nMICmMot~%>L(?&YF{~}.|{>vDK;!=eG-,vzf$,,nwzOyGQu="l9F
>> 83:/G0~35bTtQyLC]RBv>~^oc`6mAn(CXny@x"UH/s6t$|qW61-,Vui7$GhAvW0S=<5vYIeY#GM(hC~W|ko{Wr;gZ2A

> The first one could be
>
> unset 2Y^V/tge^V,^V/r^V-KO^V|A8^V[^V~^V;n85^V+^V!
>
> Same with the third one. The second one has two = signs, the first of
> which might mark the end of the variable name, or be embedded in it,
> so you'd have to try both ways.
> --
> Ronan Flood <(E-Mail Removed)>

Ronan Flood

"swpa" <(E-Mail Removed)999.com> wrote:

> Thank you I will try this later when I can get some quality playtime in the
> lab. I was doing an actual Ctrl.

Yes, that's what I meant: in my example ^V means control-V. I only
suggest this as I know it is recognised in IOS, so I assume it would
work in rommon too but it might not ...

--
Ronan Flood <(E-Mail Removed)>

swpa

I have had no luck it clearing out the remaining garbage, can't find the
right syntax. I tried anything and everything and just does not recognize
the string with the the unset command.
"Ronan Flood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "swpa" <(E-Mail Removed)999.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you I will try this later when I can get some quality playtime in
>> the
>> lab. I was doing an actual Ctrl.

> Yes, that's what I meant: in my example ^V means control-V. I only
> suggest this as I know it is recognised in IOS, so I assume it would
> work in rommon too but it might not ...
>
> --
> Ronan Flood <(E-Mail Removed)>

bod43

On 21 Sep, 18:52, "swpa" <(E-Mail Removed)999.com> wrote:
> I have had no luck it clearing out the remaining garbage, can't find the
> right syntax. *I tried anything and everything and just does not recognize
> the string with the the unset command.

Looks to me as if there are undocumented special characters.

If it is working and you don't have smartnet I would suggest
giving in.

Perhaps a special appeal to Aaron Leonard might work?

Point-to-point T1 with 2620XM and crossover cable Chris Cisco 11 04-27-2006 06:55 AM
2620XM and 2621XM M&MCon Cisco 4 03-21-2006 04:11 PM
2620XM Failover ?? ckane Cisco 1 10-20-2005 12:59 AM
Messages from rommon mode on 2611. AM Cisco 1 06-07-2005 07:35 PM
Setting DSCP on inbound call at 2620XM Steve Blair Cisco 0 01-07-2004 03:42 PM

Advertisments