Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Please end the trashing of personalities on comp.lang.c

Please end the trashing of personalities on comp.lang.c

spinoza1111

The trashing of personalities including Jacob Navia and Herb Schildt
here must stop.

The practice of "trashing" a person dates from certain feminist covens
and religious cults of the 1970s, and from "struggle sessions" in the
Chinese cultural revolution. For its origins in "acid fascism" of the
1970s, cf
http://www.amazon.com/Mind****ers-Fa...2842643&sr=8-1,
while Jung Chang's Wild Swans and biography of Mao describes practises
in the Cultural Revolution.

Prior to the 1970s and 1960s, "trashing" also has sources in
McCarthyism and the Stalinist "show trials" of the 1930s.

In "trashing", the group turns upon a person (Sandy Bull, the musician
and member of the Mel Lyman family, Jung Chang's parents, the
Rosenbergs, the Old Bolshevists) and accuses them of responsibility
for group failings: the failure of the commune's crops, the theft of
the atom bomb, the failure of Mao's or Stalin's Five Year Plans, or
the latter day mess that is the C programming language.

Trashing takes place in a climate of fear: the fear of drug busts in
1970s communes, of male power in feminism, of the West in Mao's China,
and here, of the inordinate amount of power corporations have over the
worklives of C programmers. We're seeing that corporations will
marshal paid thugs and fools at "town meetings" in order to keep
"single payer" and "public option" off the table, since US health
insurance makes people overdependent on corporate jobs, including jobs
as C programmers. Afraid of being marked down on the job as anything
less than perfectly competent all the time by companies whose PR firms
represent the firm as necessarily perfect, people "act out" by lashing
out at Navia and Schildt in the most extreme ways.

In "trashing", as opposed to procedure in a court of law in a society
under rule of law, the testimony given by the victim is admissable as
physical evidence of guilt. Note that in a decent courtroom, the
attention of the jury is directed by the judge to the facts, the law,
and the crime as charged, and it is the jury's duty to ignore the
accused's testimony, in most cases, when it seems to be evidence of
guilt, unless the accused changes his plea. This right, which is
withheld in "trashing", appears in the US Bill of Rights as "nor shall
be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself".
But Navia's words are forever here being used against him!

In "trashing", sticking up for the victim becomes transitively risky
for in an effort to rid itself of guilt, the community reasons that
anyone who defends the victim must be a perpetrator.

"Trashing" is legal regression which is used by Fascists to secure
their power.

It needs to stop. It is possible to discuss programming by referring
to ideas and by posting anonymous code snippets one wishes to
critique. Entirely too many half-educated and illiterate CREEPS come
in here, read about the villain du jour, and immediately start
attacking that person in unrestrained ways, as does Mr Rosenau. Others
create confusion by parsing what they've said systematically to always
be right, and by saying things which enable the thugs. Others call
people "trolls" and claim to "killfile" them while making continuous
remarks about them to third parties which also constitute enabling.

No, this post is not about the broken and dysfunctional language C.
But C is less important than human beings and man is the measure of
all things, not code.

Seebs

On 2009-09-13, Kelsey Bjarnason <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [snips]
>
> Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:19:59 -0700, spinoza1111 wrote:
>
>> The trashing of personalities including Jacob Navia and Herb Schildt
>> here must stop.

> It will stop as soon as *they* stop doing things to earn being trashed.

I am not convinced it is possible for it to stop, because I've seen no
trashing of personalities, only complaints about behaviors.

-s
--
Copyright 2009, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

spinoza1111

On Sep 13, 8:53*pm, Kelsey Bjarnason <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [snips]
>
> Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:19:59 -0700, spinoza1111 wrote:
>
> > The trashing of personalities including Jacob Navia and Herb Schildt
> > here must stop.

> It will stop as soon as *they* stop doing things to earn being trashed.

Schildt stopped writing about C 15 years ago! And if trashing is as
I've shown unnecessary to technical discussion (and destructive of
discussion) then nobody earns it!

> Navia can stop spamming.

He is not spamming. I want to hear from him and not you.

> Schildt can learn enough about C to comment coherently on it.

He knew C enough to write a practical best-seller. He's now moved on.
You clowns need to do the same.

You're the piece of **** if you can say this.

> can expect to be treated as such. *He can stop the supposedly unwanted
> treatment any time he wants - just by not inviting it.

Your problem is that he did something with his life!

spinoza1111

On Sep 13, 9:08*pm, Seebs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-09-13, Kelsey Bjarnason <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > [snips]

> > Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:19:59 -0700, spinoza1111 wrote:

> >> The trashing of personalities including Jacob Navia and Herb Schildt
> >> here must stop.

> > It will stop as soon as *they* stop doing things to earn being trashed.

> I am not convinced it is possible for it to stop, because I've seen no
> trashing of personalities, only complaints about behaviors.

I have provided a simple test based on the 5th amendment to the
Constitution. If we find a person's self-defense being used as input
to turbo-charge further attacks on his veracity, then he's being
forced to testify against himself.

You are a child, Seebach. Why do you suppose judges instruct juries to
ignore outbursts in well-run court rooms?

This happened to Clinton in the politicised Monica Lewinsky situation,
since the steps he took to defend himself and protect the good name of
two women were used against him to inflate a trivial blow job into a
near coup.

It happened to John Kerry: such was the confusion created by the use
of his defense against the thugs in Swift Boat Veterans for "Truth",
who accused a war hero of cowardice and dereliction of duty and gave
use Bush's handling of Katrina, that Kerry's votes were stolen in Ohio
without any notice taken. Bob Woodward reports that to this day Kerry
knows what happened, but is too decent to press the matter, since if
he had in 2004, there might have been a civil war.

The same **** is happening to Obama: the use of the political
opponent's defense against him to the exclusion of a fair and reasoned
case being made. For example, it was simply unprecedented for a
President to be criticised for talking to school children!

And just to be Fair and Balanced, I believe it happened to Richard
Nixon in Watergate.

It happened to McCarthy's victims, to the "old Bolshevists" victimized
by Stalin, and in the Salem witch trials.

Because of the miscarriage of justice in Salem, modern American law
has strict rules (too often violated by prosecutors victimizing
minorities and the poor to be sure) about admissability of evidence.

But what we find here is a system with a shallow memory, in which
active participants including Navia and myself find a few recent
statements used as evidence of incompetence or dishonesty. Ignorant
clowns read the latest ****, and join the cybernetic mob.

There are two types of thugs here: the SS thugs and the SA thugs.

The "SS" thugs keep their fingernails clean by denying the evidence of
a systematic case of civil and possibly criminal libel. You're the SS,
Peter Seebach.

The "SA" thugs call people pieces of **** using acronyms and
deliberately create an electronic record which they hope will upset
their targets' extended families and endanger their targets'
livelihoods.

For shame! For shame!

> -s
> --
> Copyright 2009, all wrongs reversed. *Peter Seebach / (E-Mail Removed)://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!

jacob navia

Please let's stop this polemic.

1) Nobody can "trash my personality" unless *I* give some importance to
what they say.

2) Schildt doesn't write about C anymore and probably he never uses
Usenet. I think the critics of his books are exaggerating but that
is my personal opinion. It is not worth going on discussing that
subject. Everybody said his opinion and that was it.

Anyway I have gotten used to the campaigns of
heathfield/thompson/Default user/Richard Bos and co...
and their stuff doesn't do me any real harm.

Well, sometimes people start discussing and forget all control
like this one, for instance:

>> He uses CLC as a marketing medium, trying to pretend to be the good
>> guy ("See? I give it away free!") while, in fact, being a
>> scum-of-the-earth spamming asshole.

I think this contributions are funny, and reveal more about the author
than he would like

Have fun guys!

(And let's come back to more substantive discussions).

jacob

spinoza1111

On Sep 13, 11:08*pm, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Please let's stop this polemic.
>
> 1) Nobody can "trash my personality" unless *I* give some importance to
> * * what they say.
>
> 2) Schildt doesn't write about C anymore and probably he never uses
> * * Usenet. I think the critics of his books are exaggerating but that
> * * is my personal opinion. It is not worth going on discussing that
> * * subject. Everybody said his opinion and that was it.
>
> Anyway I have gotten used to the campaigns of
> heathfield/thompson/Default user/Richard Bos and co...
> and their stuff doesn't do me any real harm.
>
> Well, sometimes people start discussing and forget all control
> like this one, for instance:
>
> *>> He uses CLC as a marketing medium, trying to pretend to be the good
> *>> guy ("See? *I give it away free!") while, in fact, being a
> *>> scum-of-the-earth spamming asshole.
>
> I think this contributions are funny, and reveal more about the author
> than he would like
>

> Have fun guys!
>
> (And let's come back to more substantive discussions).
>
> jacob

Jacob, I've finished saying what I have to say. I hereby leave this
discussion.

I am available on Facebook as the "Edward Nilges" who is in Hong Kong
and will admit people as Facebook Friends upon application. I also
blog at www.wordpress.spinoza1111.com.

All the best to you.

Chris M. Thomasson

"spinoza1111" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

> I am available on Facebook as the "Edward Nilges" who is in Hong Kong
> and will admit people as Facebook Friends upon application. I also
> blog at www.wordpress.spinoza1111.com.

> All the best to you.

That should probably be:

http://spinoza1111.wordpress.com

John Bode

On Sep 13, 7:19*am, spinoza1111 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip ... whatever the hell that was]

You really need to find a new hobby.