Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How Do I Turn Java Script Off?

How Do I Turn Java Script Off?

Russ

I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!

Warrior Poet

Mike Easter

"Russ"
<snip>

>I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
> week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
> is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
> trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!

There are instructions for managing scripts and add-ons in your IE7 help
section.

"If you suspect that browser add-ons are affecting your computer, you
might want to disable all add-ons to see if that solves the problem. --
To disable all add-ons temporarily - Right-click the Internet Explorer
icon on the desktop, and then click Start Without Add-ons."

You can also manage your browser's configuration in Tools/ Options.

You haven't yet described specifically what problem you are having. What
problem are you having with which specific youtube link and what specific
problem are you having with your Adobe Flash Player and what specific
problem are you having with your Flash player update?

--
Mike Easter

why?

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:18:07 -0700 (PDT), Russ wrote:

>I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
>week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice

Really? After 2 or 3 times I may have asked for help....

The player test page doesn't show anything?
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

>is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm

Turn off JS in some unnamed browser?

>trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!

You need JS for YT.

The usual method of installing AFP on a webpage link is JS/Active X,
unless you go to the manual download link.
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flas...ash_player.exe

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp.../instructions/
General
If you have installation questions or need help troubleshooting Adobe
Flash Player, go to our Support Center.

You could have done this yourself, takes less time then trying to
install 5 times

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html
Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

>Warrior Poet

Me

richard

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:18:07 -0700 (PDT), Russ wrote:

> I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
> week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
> is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
> trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!
>
> Warrior Poet

Did the flash player come from adobe.com?
Chances are what you've done is downloaded something that is not flash at
all which is why you're not seeing it listed.
You may also need to reboot the machine before it will be finished.

I've noted some sites insist you download the latest version of flash but
if I don't see that link going to adobe, I don't touch it.

You may want to install malwarebytes and let it scan for stuff.

chuckcar

Russ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
> week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
> is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
> trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!
>
> Warrior Poet

Don't upgrade just because there's a new "version". The version numbers on
free non-open source software rarely if ever has any bearing on the
software running any better. If it works fine don't fix it. Try
uninstalling 10 and getting 9 from Adobe.com. You uninstall java from
add/remove programs in control panel. However if you have a problem with
flash not working properly - on youtube.com for example - java will hae
nothing to do with it. They are to entirely separate things. Flash is an
extension of Microsoft's built-in scripting language whereas Java is a
full programming language developed as on off-shoot of C.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

hwf

Russ <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
> week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
> is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do?

Tools Needed: ball peen hammer, shotgun, axe, torch.

I'm
> trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!
>
> Warrior Poet

Apply the above tools with much force to the offending unit.
Repeat as necessary.

^_^