Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > file sharing on wireless network

file sharing on wireless network

Andrew C

I have two wireless laptops and a wired desktop with one laptop running win
XP Pro and another win XP Home, the desktop also has XP Home . I understand
that the firewall on all of the PCs has to be off for this to work and it
does work with it off. I was wondering if there is any way for it to work
with the firewalls on? I have Norton Internet Security Suite on all of the
computers.

Malke

Andrew C wrote:

> I have two wireless laptops and a wired desktop with one laptop
> running win XP Pro and another win XP Home, the desktop also has XP
> Home . I understand that the firewall on all of the PCs has to be off
> for this to work and it does work with it off. I was wondering if
> there is any way for it to work with the firewalls on? I have Norton
> Internet Security Suite on all of the computers.

You should not run without a firewall. You simply need to configure NIS
to see your lan as trusted. Go NIS's Help files for configuration
details.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell