Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PNGs in a PDF format

PNGs in a PDF format

D. Arlington

How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG frames
and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but I can't
see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why would they be
sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any helpful suggestions?
Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

Mike Easter

D. Arlington wrote:

> I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
> frames and they came down as/in PDF files.

Exactly what does this sentence mean? Especially the 'supposed to be'
part? Where is a description of whatever you downloaded that says what
you are saying?

Do you have Adobe Acrobat?

--
Mike Easter

chuckcar

"D. Arlington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4aac4a97$0$2384$(E-Mail Removed). com:

> How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
> don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
> frames and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but
> I can't see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why
> would they be sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any
> helpful suggestions? Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

You need Adobe Acrobat or some free tool for manipulating PDF files as
opposed to Acrobat *Reader* which only displays them.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

alan

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "D. Arlington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:4aac4a97$0$2384$(E-Mail Removed). com:
>
>> How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
>> don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
>> frames and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but
>> I can't see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why
>> would they be sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any
>> helpful suggestions? Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?
>>

> You need Adobe Acrobat or some free tool for manipulating PDF files as
> opposed to Acrobat *Reader* which only displays them.

Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as PNG,
JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

D. Arlington

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> D. Arlington wrote:
>
>> I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
>> frames and they came down as/in PDF files.

> Exactly what does this sentence mean? Especially the 'supposed to be'
> part? Where is a description of whatever you downloaded that says what
> you are saying?
>
> Do you have Adobe Acrobat?

Yes. Of course. That's what they are in, or on the pages of in PDF format.
The site said they were free to download and use.

> --
> Mike Easter

D. Arlington

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "D. Arlington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:4aac4a97$0$2384$(E-Mail Removed). com:
>
>> How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
>> don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
>> frames and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but
>> I can't see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why
>> would they be sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any
>> helpful suggestions? Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?
>>

> You need Adobe Acrobat or some free tool for manipulating PDF files as
> opposed to Acrobat *Reader* which only displays them.

OK, I didn't know the difference. I never had to manipulate PDF files. I
thought Reader and Acrobat were the same thing. I'll search Google for a
copy of Acrobat, not the reader.

> --
> (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

D. Arlington

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:27:19 -0700, " alan"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
>>Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
>>camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
>>Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as
>>PNG,
>>JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

> Or even the printscreen key on your keyboard will work too

I'll give it a try. No, I don't have Foxit.

D. Arlington

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:27:19 -0700, " alan"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
>>Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
>>camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
>>Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as
>>PNG,
>>JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

> Or even the printscreen key on your keyboard will work too

Printscreen doesn't work. It can't save one image at a time from a PDF file.
It saves them all as one large JPG. They can't be saved individually with a
"save as" so they can be added to an Imaging program as frames. How can
they be separated into individual frames, individual PNGs?

I don't want to buy Adobe Acrobat just to see if it works to separate the
PNGs into usable frames. I would have no other use for the software.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"D. Arlington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
>don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG frames
>and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but I can't
>see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why would they be
>sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any helpful suggestions?
>Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

I've done what your asking and it took Adobe.Acrobat.Professional (I
used version.v (torrent) it will strip all the graphics out of a PDF
file in one step effortlessly. My PDF files weren't edit protected,
and contained maybe 25 images in each PDF file.

I have and use Foxit (with all the extras), and you can extract
graphics, but it's one at a time , besides the other ways mentioned
you can edit the graphics (double click on it), copy it, then paste it
into irfanview - I just went thru Foxit I can't find a dump graphics
option.

I had to remove Adobe.Acrobat.Professional.v8 right after the
extractions, as is very intrusive.

My copy
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3556....PROPER-ZWTiSO
Read the replies, it's been awhile but I remember just installing the
program not this B.S. of installing version 7 first.

Use www.Utorrent.com to download, and Peer Guardian 3
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/ to hide yourself as well as you can.

Or you can use Photoshop but it appears only one at a time as well.
--

Shampoo for blonds
http://tinyurl.com/p6ve92

M.L.

>How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
>don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG frames
>and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but I can't
>see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why would they be
>sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any helpful suggestions?
>Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

Some PDF Images Extract (freeware)
http://www.somepdf.com/downloads.html