Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Virtual XP on XP64 - Printing

Re: Virtual XP on XP64 - Printing

Bobby Johnson

Virtual PC 2007 does not support USB connection. Virtual XP for Win 7
supports USB, but it is only for specific version of Windows 7 - Win 7
Ultimate & Enterprise with CPUs that support hardware virtualization,
and this is a different package than VPC 2007. I don't think there is a
package called VPC 7.

oao wrote:
> I have an all-in-one printer without XP64 support.
>
> I wonder if I can install a virtual XP machine on my XP64 system and use XP32
> driver to print.
>
> I read Virtual PC documentation and it's not clear whether this is possible --
> it looks like the virtual machine uses the host system's printer driver to
> print, which would defeat the idea.
>
> It also looks like Virtual PC 2007 does not support USB printers, so one must
> install network drivers in the virtual machine to access network printer,
> which is a complication.
>
> Virtual PC 7.0 supports USB but it's not clear it runs on XP64, as it
> requires new CPUs with virtualization that I don't have.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Al Dykes

In article <eUk$Gi$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bobby Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Virtual PC 2007 does not support USB connection. Virtual XP for Win 7
>supports USB, but it is only for specific version of Windows 7 - Win 7
>Ultimate & Enterprise

What about Windows 7 Professional?

--
Al Dykes