Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > "Repair" function

"Repair" function

joe925c

When I loose my wireless Internet connection, the "repair" function
immediately corrects the situation.

Is this operation provided in Windows XP software; wireless adapter driver
software, etc.?

Is there any way to issue the "repair" procedure automatically when the
connection is designated in the PC as being disconnected? Repeat until
connection is deemed established?

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Namh, there is No simple way to do so.
However you should try to find out what is repaired, and correct the problem
from the "Root".
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"joe925c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I loose my wireless Internet connection, the "repair" function
> immediately corrects the situation.
>
> Is this operation provided in Windows XP software; wireless adapter driver
> software, etc.?
>
> Is there any way to issue the "repair" procedure automatically when the
> connection is designated in the PC as being disconnected? Repeat until
> connection is deemed established?

joe925c

Jack,

It does appear that the repair function is provided in Windows.

I would like to "correct the problem at the root" but the event is highly
random. I have started to keep a journal to see if there is any common thread.

You mention that I should try to find out what is repaired. When I select
repair, the only information I see is that it cycles through the disable then
logs in again. There is no summary except that communication has bee
established.

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:

> Hi
> Namh, there is No simple way to do so.
> However you should try to find out what is repaired, and correct the problem
> from the "Root".
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "joe925c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I loose my wireless Internet connection, the "repair" function
> > immediately corrects the situation.
> >
> > Is this operation provided in Windows XP software; wireless adapter driver
> > software, etc.?
> >
> > Is there any way to issue the "repair" procedure automatically when the
> > connection is designated in the PC as being disconnected? Repeat until
> > connection is deemed established?

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Something is wrong with one of the Wireless Network components, or and its
configuration.
When you run the repair it Repairs the situation and the Network components
are working OK but when the computer reboots it probably revert to the wrong
configuration.
You have to go over all the Network related settings and make sure thta they
are correctly set.
This page might help to guide into what to look for,
http://www.ezlan.net.wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"joe925c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jack,
>
> It does appear that the repair function is provided in Windows.
>
> I would like to "correct the problem at the root" but the event is highly
> random. I have started to keep a journal to see if there is any common
> thread.
>
> You mention that I should try to find out what is repaired. When I select
> repair, the only information I see is that it cycles through the disable
> then
> logs in again. There is no summary except that communication has bee
> established.
>
> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Namh, there is No simple way to do so.
>> However you should try to find out what is repaired, and correct the
>> problem
>> from the "Root".
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "joe925c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > When I loose my wireless Internet connection, the "repair" function
>> > immediately corrects the situation.
>> >
>> > Is this operation provided in Windows XP software; wireless adapter
>> > driver
>> > software, etc.?
>> >
>> > Is there any way to issue the "repair" procedure automatically when the
>> > connection is designated in the PC as being disconnected? Repeat until
>> > connection is deemed established?

ED

I think you meant: http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Something is wrong with one of the Wireless Network components, or and its
> configuration.
> When you run the repair it Repairs the situation and the Network
> components are working OK but when the computer reboots it probably revert
> to the wrong configuration.
> You have to go over all the Network related settings and make sure thta
> they are correctly set.
> This page might help to guide into what to look for,
> http://www.ezlan.net.wireless.html
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "joe925c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jack,
>>
>> It does appear that the repair function is provided in Windows.
>>
>> I would like to "correct the problem at the root" but the event is highly
>> random. I have started to keep a journal to see if there is any common
>> thread.
>>
>> You mention that I should try to find out what is repaired. When I select
>> repair, the only information I see is that it cycles through the disable
>> then
>> logs in again. There is no summary except that communication has bee
>> established.
>>
>> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> Namh, there is No simple way to do so.
>>> However you should try to find out what is repaired, and correct the
>>> problem
>>> from the "Root".