Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Deploy mulitple ASP.NET applications on a ISP hosted environment.

Deploy mulitple ASP.NET applications on a ISP hosted environment.

James X. Li

We are using an ISP to host our web site. All we get
from our ISP is a root directory for our web site.
We can deploy a single ASP.NET application by copying all the
related files (global.asax, web.config, etc.) to the root directory.
Things work fine in this way. But, we would like to deploy a second
application ( for administration purpose) on this web site. How
can we do it? In general, How can we deploy multiple ASP.NET
applications on our web site?

Thanks in advance

James X. Li
http://VisuMap.net

Jerry Boone

You should use subdirectories and place all files relating to that
application in that subdirectory. You may need to inform your isp to hit
"Create Application" inside IIS on your subdirectory folders for them to
start working.

Then you can build a default home page that sits in the root of the web
folder and use it as a menu to choose which application to work with.

--
Jerry Boone
Analytical Technologies, Inc.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...