Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Message box always appears on 2nd monitor

Message box always appears on 2nd monitor

ed

No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
it hasn't.

I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.

Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?

Thank you.

class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
def __init__( self ):
wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
caption='Status',
style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
x=0, y=0)

Sean DiZazzo

On Sep 11, 8:27*am, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
> I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
> I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
> it hasn't.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.
>
> Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?
>
> Thank you.
>
> class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
> * * *def __init__( self ):
> * * * * *wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
> * * * * *self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
> * * * * *wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
> * * * * * * * * * * * caption='Status',
> * * * * * * * * * * * style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
> * * * * * * * * * * * x=0, y=0)

Did you try making the message box a child of whatever window called
it? ie. Pass in the "parent=" attribute.

~Sean

ed

Sean DiZazzo wrote:
> On Sep 11, 8:27 am, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
>> I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
>> I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
>> it hasn't.
>>
>> I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.
>>
>> Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
>> def __init__( self ):
>> wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
>> self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
>> wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
>> caption='Status',
>> style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
>> x=0, y=0)

> Did you try making the message box a child of whatever window called
> it? ie. Pass in the "parent=" attribute.
>
> ~Sean

Now I have. That did the trick. Thank you.