Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Intetesting is up! Pls explain Helen... an apology.

Re: [SI] Intetesting is up! Pls explain Helen... an apology.

tony cooper

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:44 -0400, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Alan Browne wrote:
>> Bowser wrote:
>>> Got them, and posted them with comments. Along with a shot from Helen,
>>> who sent a shot of a person some might find interesting, to say the
>>> least.

>> Helen's shot explanation is BS - I doubt "she" shot it.
>>
>> ISO 1600 on a dark cloudy day would be 1/500 @ f/16 (slowest aperture of
>> the 35 GT).
>>
>> Maybe 1/250 if _really_ dark and cloudy.
>>
>> The softness in the shot is mainly JPG artifacts.
>>
>> C'mon "Helen" - what's the real deal here? Pop that off a website?

>Helen, Please accept my apology for the above. I questioned your
>integrity rather than the simple facts and possible error.

Well done. It doesn't excuse the rudeness of the original post, but
at least you have enough class to apologize.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Reality Bytes

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:32:13 -0400, tony cooper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:44 -0400, Alan Browne
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Alan Browne wrote:
>>>
>>> Helen's shot explanation is BS - I doubt "she" shot it.
>>>
>>> ISO 1600 on a dark cloudy day would be 1/500 @ f/16 (slowest aperture of
>>> the 35 GT).
>>>
>>> Maybe 1/250 if _really_ dark and cloudy.
>>>
>>> The softness in the shot is mainly JPG artifacts.
>>>
>>> C'mon "Helen" - what's the real deal here? Pop that off a website?

>>Helen, Please accept my apology for the above. I questioned your
>>integrity rather than the simple facts and possible error.

>Well done. It doesn't excuse the rudeness of the original post, but
>at least you have enough class to apologize.

Why on earth should anyone have to apologize for their criticism of a POS
snapshot?

Ah. I get it. This is like Flickr, where unless you fawn all over the
snapshooting poster there must be something wrong with you.

wow

The only one who has shown no "class" here is this "Helen" character with
"her" worthless snapshots. And then playing the self-victimizing "poor
pitiful me" tactic for attention for it.

What a ****ing waste of human flesh (and camera).

tony cooper

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:05:25 -0500, Reality Bytes <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:32:13 -0400, tony cooper
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:44 -0400, Alan Browne
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Helen, Please accept my apology for the above. I questioned your
>>>integrity rather than the simple facts and possible error.

>>Well done. It doesn't excuse the rudeness of the original post, but
>>at least you have enough class to apologize.

>Why on earth should anyone have to apologize for their criticism of a POS
>snapshot?

Are you truly this dense? No one objected to his criticism of the
photograph. He didn't apologize for the criticism of the photo, and
there was no reason he should

I hope it doesn't rain where you are tonight.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida