Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Mandate Suggestion

Re: [SI] Mandate Suggestion

Photography 101

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:56:00 -0400, "Bowser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How about "best of the month" where you submit your best three shots of the
>past 30 days, no restrictions on subject matter? Only rule: no archive
>shots. All pics must have been taken in the 30 day period.
>
>Let the whining begin...

I'm starting to see a clear pattern here. They are just as uncreative with
their "mandates" as they are with their photography. It's starting to make
sense, why their beginner's snapshots are so pathetically boring. They
themselves are boring and common. This is why none of their photography
will ever be worth seeing. Just as an author cannot write about life unless
he's lived it, a "photographer" will never capture worthwhile images unless
he's truly experienced and seen life. Their minds and visions are just as
empty and pointless as their basement-lived lives. Clearly reflected in
their SI snapshots.

Here's a few very simple ones that none of you have tried yet, in any of
your photography:

Space
Contrasts
Compliments

Topics that should be in any Photography 101 course.

Here's a few other simple ones, for simple minds:

Fences
Minimalism
Fire
Pointillism
Hope/Hopelessness
Survival
Glass Houses
Steps
Camouflage
Vertical/Horizontal
Power
Freedom
Suffer
Evolution
Stagnant
Dynamic Symmetry
Limits
Beginnings
Rush
Trapped
Impact

That should keep you busy for two more years.

I could go on all day, all week, all lifelong, suggesting worthwhile
topics. That's what a creative mind does, that's why a creative mind can do
exceptional photography. No matter what camera is in the hands of that
mind, no matter what he happens to be seeing at that moment in time.
"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought." - Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi. It is only with a
creative and discovering mind will you ever be a worthwhile photographer.
You'll never be able to buy a camera with those features included, no
matter how much money that you throw at it. Much to your beginner's dismay.

But since I have no intention of ever entering any photos to entertain
these snapshooting beginners, nor let them learn from me for free, any
further input is just casting more pearls before swine. As they also say,
you can't make a silk-purse out of a sow's ear. Banal but true.

There you go, one more free topic, Pearls Before Swine.

Photography 101

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:23:11 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Photography 101 wrote:
>
>> Compliments <--- is that the word he meant to use?

Thanks for displaying your lack of intellect. If you were able to fully
embrace the meaning of "compliments" you wouldn't even ask that. Go post on
any Flickr group. They most surely await your snapshooter's reach and
wisdom.

Robert Coe

:
: >How about "best of the month" where you submit your best three shots of the
: >past 30 days, no restrictions on subject matter? Only rule: no archive
: >shots. All pics must have been taken in the 30 day period.
: >
: >Let the whining begin...
:
[...]
: ...
:
[...]

Yeah, right. There's one constant that permeates these newsgroups: Even if you
don't read a word of their blather, you can identify the pompous asses by
their anonymity and their minimal photographic productivity.

Bob

Robert Coe

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:38:23 -0500, Photography 101 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:23:11 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >
: >
: >Photography 101 wrote:
: >
: >> Compliments <--- is that the word he meant to use?
: >>
:
: Thanks for displaying your lack of intellect. If you were able to fully
: embrace the meaning of "compliments" you wouldn't even ask that. Go post
: on any Flickr group. They most surely await your snapshooter's reach and
: wisdom.

Frank, you may be wasting your time. I don't believe this fathead knows that
the other meaning of that word has a different spelling.

Bob