Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is the Best Web Browser for Mac?

What is the Best Web Browser for Mac?

Keith

Any Opinions out there?

--
Best Regrads, Keith
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

Whiskers

On 2009-09-09, Keith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Any Opinions out there?

The best browser for any OS is Opera )

But Mac users seem to like Safari, too.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Andy

Keith wrote:

> Any Opinions out there?

Safari. And Firefox.

--
Registered Linux User #478766

hwf

In message <4aa82368$0$27584$(E-Mail Removed)>, Andy
wrote:
> Keith wrote:
>
> > Any Opinions out there?

> Safari. And Firefox.

FF is better. Safari has/had an exploit last time I checked.

HTH

Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/
Cash for *who*?
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

Bigbazza

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h896bp$4uj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any Opinions out there?
>
> --
> Best Regrads, Keith

An article re- Opera.....

Opera launches new Internet browser, Opera

10 September 2, 2009.....

Norway's Opera Software has released a new version of its browser, Opera 10,
promising faster downloads, new design and new features.

Opera battles for the spot of third-largest browser maker with Google's
Chrome and Apple's Safari, but is far behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer
and Mozilla Foundation's Firefox.

Opera said the new browser is significantly faster on resource-intensive
pages such as Gmail and Facebook, and adds features like full thumbnails of
all open tabs.

Opera said its Turbo feature for slow connections, which packages web pages,
makes the browser up to eight times faster than rival browsers in low
connection speeds.

"We have worked a lot on Opera Turbo technology and have also made major
improvements on the overall product stability. This is the most stable Opera
browser yet," the company said.

The companies usually release several successive test versions of their
browsers so they can incorporate user feedback in a series of improvements
before their final launch. Microsoft launched its latest IE8 browser in
March after a year of public beta testing.

Opera unveiled a public test version of the browser on June 3.

Microsoft's Internet Explorer is used for about 60 per cent of global
Internet traffic, and Mozilla's Firefox has about 30 per cent, with usage of
Opera, Google and Apple all around 3 per cent each, according to web
analytics firm StatCounter.

Opera has a small share of the global desktop browser market, but its
browser is the most popular in countries like Russia or Ukraine, and its
mobile browser is the most widely used browser on handsets.

Reuters

Bigbazza

Bigbazza

"Bigbazza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h896bp$4uj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any Opinions out there?
>>
>> --
>> Best Regrads, Keith

> An article re- Opera.....
>
> Opera launches new Internet browser, Opera

Sorry...I meant to address 'Whiskers' reply to Keith..

Bigbazza

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Keith Post:
> Any Opinions out there?

How about the process of elimination, try them all.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Keith wrote:

> Any Opinions out there?

Do you like chocolate ice cream, or strawberry?

--
-bts

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Beauregard T. Shagnasty Post:
> Keith wrote:
>
>> Any Opinions out there?

> Do you like chocolate ice cream, or strawberry?

<g>

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Hugh Watkins

Keith wrote:
> Any Opinions out there?

FF ahs a google toolbar

safari does not
but is best for apple.com downloads updates and stuff

Hugh W