Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Allow normal user to start exe as admin

Allow normal user to start exe as admin

Rainer

Hello NG,

I would like to allow a normal user under Windows7 to start certain
programs with admin rights. Is that possible?

Regards
Rainer

James Kosin

Rainer,

If it is as easy as Windows VISTA, just left click on the shortcut... select
properties... shortcut tab... then advanced button.
There should be a checkbox for an option to run-as-administrator...

Of course they will have to have the admin password to run the applicaton.
A simular thing is also available for Windows XP.

James

"Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:egdbf%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello NG,
>
> I would like to allow a normal user under Windows7 to start certain
> programs with admin rights. Is that possible?
>
> Regards
> Rainer

Rainer

Hi James,

thanks for your answer. I knew about the "start as...", but off course I
don't want the normal user to know the adim password. That is why I am
looking for a possibility to "configer" the system in a whay that
certain program get started under the rights of the admin.

Regards
Rainer

James Kosin schrieb:
> Rainer,
>
> If it is as easy as Windows VISTA, just left click on the shortcut...
> select properties... shortcut tab... then advanced button.
> There should be a checkbox for an option to run-as-administrator...
>
> Of course they will have to have the admin password to run the applicaton.
> A simular thing is also available for Windows XP.
>
> James
>
> "Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:egdbf%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello NG,
>>
>> I would like to allow a normal user under Windows7 to start certain
>> programs with admin rights. Is that possible?
>>
>> Regards
>> Rainer

James Kosin

Only other way I know would be to schedule the program to start using
scheduler. But, that probably isn't what you want either.
I have the same issue with XP. I have a few programs that need to be
started with a person with elevated privalledges I don't even give myself.
Anyway to make a long story shorter.
I could only find the trick I told you about to keep me from having to
remember to shift-left-mouse-click and select run as ... with the trick I
told you, you just double-click on the shortcut and the password dialog
automatically appears to ask for the admin password.

Sorry, If you find anything I'm also interested; but, I'd be werey of
malware and other executables trying to take the same privelledges.

James

> thanks for your answer. I knew about the "start as...", but off course I
> don't want the normal user to know the adim password. That is why I am
> looking for a possibility to "configer" the system in a whay that certain
> program get started under the rights of the admin.
>
> Regards
> Rainer
>
> James Kosin schrieb:
>> Rainer,
>>
>> If it is as easy as Windows VISTA, just left click on the shortcut...
>> select properties... shortcut tab... then advanced button.
>> There should be a checkbox for an option to run-as-administrator...
>>
>> Of course they will have to have the admin password to run the
>> applicaton.
>> A simular thing is also available for Windows XP.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:egdbf%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello NG,
>>>
>>> I would like to allow a normal user under Windows7 to start certain
>>> programs with admin rights. Is that possible?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Rainer